(Chapter 4) You're Red Fox

I blinked. 

    "Uhm, Double S?" I cautiously say out into the chilly night air. My breath turns into fog, making me look like a dragon.

I call out to him once more. No reply. I shrug my shoulders and start on the last two minute walk home till I pause. I groan when I realize my dilemma. SS had my stuff, including my keys to unlock my door.

I continue the walk home, watching my every move. When I make it to the house, I run up the steps, ringing the doorbell. One second passes... then two... three... four-

    "What the hell do you want!" My brother yells at me. His face contorts to recognition when he looks down to see me.

    "Why in the world did you not use your keys Hope!" I let out a weak laugh.

    "I uh kinda left my bag at the shop?" I glance at my feet, hoping he buys my lie.

    "That was the worst lie I think ever left your mouth," so close.

    "Look, I left it sitting on the bench in the backroom. Now will you let me in? I am freezing out here," I push past him, practically running up the stairs to take a warm shower because it was a lot colder than expected.

After a good thirty minute shower with my hair tied into a messily wet bun on top of my head, I go to work on my homework to only come to the conclusion. I still don't have my bag. I fall backwards onto my bed. The soft sheets sink in at my weight, pulling me in farther. I glare at my clock on my nightstand that reads 11:23. I roll over, getting comfy in my bed and not worrying about turning off the lights as I drift off into a dreamless slumber.

~~~

    "Okay honey, wake up now."

    "Five more minutes," I grumble to my mother. 

    "You have to get ready to go to the arcade with Katelyn and Tyler in an hour," My mothers calm reply shakes me out of my sleep.

    "They can go without me," my mom sighs, then she starts counting.

   "One..."

I jump up, rushing to my bathroom to get ready. I cringe at my reflection. My nice bun was now half out of its original shape, I have droll on the side of my face and bags under my eyes. I toss water onto my face, trying to get my blood pumping. When I deemed myself presentable, I left the bathroom into my closet, throwing on a panda t-shirt then a light blue sweatshirt and a pair of black skinny jeans.

I stroll on downstairs in search of food. My stomach grumbles in response. Right when I make it to the kitchen, my doorbell rings. I slam my box of fruit loops onto the counter and make my way to the front door. They ring the doorbell again.

    "Yeah Yeah! I'm coming!" I reel the door open to find a smiling Kate.

    "Whoa you actually look like you tried to look nice," I glare at my bestie. She smiles.

    "Well, I am going to finish my breakfast first." I tun around to go get my food when a tug on my arm halts me.

    "Nuh Uh sister from a whole other bloodline. We need to get going now! We still have to pick up Ty!" I look back at my abandoned breakfast and sigh. I let her drag me out of my house and into the passenger seat.

It's a five minute drive to Tyler's house but to kill time, Kate and I jam out to Panic! At The Disco the whole way there. We both didn't want to leave the warmth of the car so Kate honked her horn. A few seconds later, a scowling Tyler comes walking up to the car, sliding into the backseat.