Chapter 2- the hug

We've been hanging out all afternoon getting to know each other without eating each other's heads off. The next day, we were walking around school next to each other. It was very awkward, but we had to get used to it.
We were sitting together for lunch, but he had his friend Mike with him, and I had Wendy. While her and I were talking, I noticed the boys staring at us. Mike was staring fondly at Wendy. As soon as I told her after lunch what was happening, she blushed.
"Don't tell me you have a thing for Mike!!" I screamed.
"I mean... He's cute..!" She blushed even more.
Both Mike and Carlos showed up a few minutes later. Mike and Wendy took off to their class while Carlos and I stayed alone together.
"So..we have bio now!" He said.
"Yeah.. We should head over to class before the teacher gets there. He doesn't like his students being late." I said, holding him by the hand and pulling him away to class with me.
--------------
A week later, on our way back home from school we walked together (like we've been doing the whole week), since he uses the same road. He walked me home and continued his way to his place. Before taking off, he hugged me and smiled. That was honestly really cute.
I went through the door smiling. I put my backpack in the living room and yelled "mom I'm home!"
No one answered. I assumed she was out grocery shopping.
I went to the kitchen and found a plate with rice and meatballs, already heated up. I ate my meal and went to my room to start studying.
As I was revising for my literature test, i couldn't stop thinking about that hug.
I called Wendy to tell her about what happened.
"No way! He hugged you??" She screamed through the speaker of the phone.
"Yes!! It felt so nice and warm" I said while smiling and blushing.
"I can't see you and I can tell you're blushing, tomato." She said as she laughed.
---------------
I really wanted to talk to him so I was thinking of an excuse to message him.
Next thing I know I see my phone ring. I check it out and notice an iMessage notification from Carlos.
"Hey.. Sorry if I'm bothering you! But I wanted to ask if you could send me the literature analysis we wrote today... I forgot it in class.."
Most of our classes are together, surprisingly. I sent him the analysis and as soon as I sent it he sent "thanks! <3"
He is really cute.