𝐒 𝐈 𝐗 𝐓 𝐄 𝐄 𝐍

CHAPTER 16 | AN UPRISING EMPIRE

"Men are drunk with the idea of a world they only can create

"Men are drunk with the idea of a world they only can create. However, nothing would be possible without women."
___

SOMA LAZARUS

Watching other people and even animals engage in life-or-death combat in the Colosseum of Helios gave me some pleasure. For a male, enjoying roughness is nothing out of the ordinary; perhaps not for a woman. However, what really gets my heart racing is watching one monster use all of its might to attack another. After all, the strong usually prevail while the weak always fall short. Werewolves fighting werewolves, vampires fighting vampires, and even a mix of the two. Even now and then, we see wood elves go against nature, which is against their nature as guardians. It's incredibly funny. It's amusing to watch them tremble and lose their ability to move.

I observed a wood elf fighting a ferocious and enraged grizzly bear with a spear while looking down into the pit as she shook in her boots. I think it terribly pitiful that the elf will lose, but it shouldn't come as much of a surprise. Unfortunately, the bear approaches the elf while standing up straight and extending its enormous claws. As she watches the animal leap on her, the elf weeps in fear. As the bear begins to claw out the victim's guts, blood splatters all over the ground. Everyone applauds and even boos when they see how quickly and painlessly the wood elf died. Despite ripping her to pieces, the bear continued to attack. It continued to consume her dead body for some reason.

As I sat in my ornately carved gold chair, I rolled my eyes. I kept having fruit and wine brought to me by servants, but I don't enjoy such luxuries. I need a beer and a turkey leg. I prefer that kind of luxury.

"Does this show not satisfy you, M'lady?" asks my advisor, who approaches me and bows slightly before speaking into my ear.

I said, "I've seen worse, Sebastien," as I waved my hand to catch his attention and turned to face him.

"You're about to see something better, I suppose."

Behind the big metal fence, one of the cages let forth a loud, echoing growl. My brows wrinkled a little, but I succumbed to being sucked into what was going to occur. The sound of the chains clanking was quite irritating as the iron gate slowly rose. A lone vampire who was fully chained up was expelled by four hunters. He displays his enormous, pointed teeth, which he uses to pierce any tough skin, while he looks around in terror and wrath. That's when it dawned on me. I stand up from my chair and look down at him with astonished eyes.

"That isn't possible. . ." I muttered.

"Oh, but it's possible," As he circles my chair in response, Sebastien puts his hand on my shoulder and mutters in my ear with a sly grin, "Introducing, Elirodoro Fino—a member of the Baldasassare council!"

"How on earth did you even manage to capture him?" I gasped as I stared at him.

"Throughout the assault on Markarth. Simply put, his troops were outnumbered by about three hundred men. Additionally, we do have giants."