Chapter 28 - Awake

...what's the difference between Disney World and Disneyland?

~~~

What... was happening?

Where were you?

You woke up groggily in a cold area with a blindfold wrapped around your eyes. The coldness of the air around you rendered your nose and sense of touch useless. Your limbs were tied to the chair and the kidnapper seemed to have used multiple ropes to tie to make sure you can't move at all.

You could also feel something sticky that you were assuming to be extra duct tape around the rope. You noticed that your mouth wasn't taped so you presume that the kidnapper either 1) wanted you to scream for some sick reason or 2) they're confident enough to let you scream because nobody could hear you.

You were scared out of your mind. In fact, scared was only a tiny fraction of what you felt right now. The last thing you remembered was walking with... with... Leon?

'Fuck, is Leon alright?' You hoped he called for help. Was he even there when you got kidnapped? What happened? Who kidnapped you? What did they want with you? There were so many questions flying around your head; it hurts so much. Did they hit your head?

'Oh my god.' You paled. 'Is it the murderer?'

You tried to recall what happened before...

You've never been to Disneyland before.

For the first time ever, all of you decided that it would be fun to go to the newly opened Disney amusement park as a group. The reason for this was because it was almost the end of school year and after these few weeks and the summer holiday, all of you will officially be on your last year of high school. This meant more studying and less relaxation so Alec suggested to go out. On Saturday, the plan was to meet at the side of the entrance, where Alec and Gabriel already bought the tickets for everyone.

Except one person. What everyone didn't expect was when Grace asked if she could bring her boyfriend over to the amusement park as well. At first, there was an awkward pause and everyone looked at you.

"I guess I don't mind..." Even though you preferred that he didn't go. You still had a grudge on him and was quite hurt on what he said and what he did to Leon when you first met him, but if Grace wanted to bring him, then fine. You knew your friends were curious anyways.

"Fine, but neither Gabriel or I will be paying for his ticket." Alec huffed. Gabriel pursed his lips. It does seem like a little matter, considering how it wasn't a book that you really wanted to borrow. However not only did Gabriel heard about this guy from rumours since a long time ago, he just didn't like his personality in general. And for once, Gabriel agreed with Alec.

As of now, everyone was present except Grace and her date. From what you've learnt so far from your friend, the jerk's name was Lucas Carter. Not that you cared. Your petty plan was to glare at him behind his back and hope for something to go wrong.

About 5 minutes later, the pair finally arrived. Grace was wearing a loose white shirt with short pants and casual brown sandals. She looked as cute as ever. Beside her was Lucas, wearing a sleeveless hoodie with black pants and sneakers. The way he styled his hair, the arrogant smirk on his face, the way he does everything in general-

Your face soured. Your impression of him has already gone off to a bad start. 'Don't judge a book by it's cover,' You reminded yourself. Maybe he wasn't a bad person? If he was decent enough for Grace to date, then maybe you just don't know him as well.