They Apologise

The next morning, we were woken up by Hypnos. It was probably the most ironic thing in the universe. 'The Primordial of sleep wakes someone up.'

I quickly got ready and met up with the rest of the family in the dinning room. It was a room about the size of the Olympian throne room with a single long table where all of us sat together and ate. For the first time in a long time, all of us were there together. Zoë had returned from her mission, which was to make Hercules fade before he entered the mortal world. She was done with it, so Zoë, Hayami and I sat together on one side, while Eris, Hecate, Aether and Hemera sat opposite to us. Mom and Dad sat diagonal to us at the head of the table.

Once we had finished our meals, mom snapped her finger silencing all of us. "Today," she said, "the domains of the Olympians gods have been transferred to the Titans. Helios and Selene have been brought back from the realm of the faded as Apollo and Artemis are extremely weak and at the very edge of existence. That is all for now." All of us nodded at that. Some looked thrilled, while others didn't seem to care less.

"I think it's time you paid them a visit," Zoë whispered in my ear.

Hayami nodded, "try nocking some sense into them." I nodded at that and teleported to the Olympian throne room.

What I saw there made me burst out laughing. On the thrones were eleven old human sized beings, who looked to be on their deathbed, with their feet dangling off from the thrones. Beside their thrones were the immortal campers and minor gods who had sided with the Olympians. They all looked at me with guilt evident in their eyes. I smiled back at them. "So, still afraid to admit your fault?" I asked.

"What do you want Jackson?" Zeus spat out. "Tut, Tut, I've left that name behind, you should know that," I said.

"We're sorry for what we did to you," Hephaestus said. "I'm sorry I did not stand up for you when you were accused for no reason."

I nodded at him. At least he had the decency to admit his wrong. "I'm sorry to you all that it had to end this way. I've forgiven you all long ago for what you did. I'm happy now with a family that loves me and cares for me," I said. "If you all had behaved like gods and brought out a change in the world, you would have stayed in power. Instead, you all acted like hormonal teenagers and went about having affairs with mortals and being extremely irresponsible."

"Immortality is not a gift," I said to my ex-friends, "It's a responsibility... to serve your purpose in this universe and maintain a balance in existence. The Titan pantheon is now established and rooted into the world. It cannot be removed, unless for a big war that you guys aren't up for. You gods cannot attack it. You still have enough juice left for a year or two depending on how to spend it. Go around the world and use what power you have left for good. Bring a balance into the world and take over your domains. Involve yourselves in the mortal world. Don't shut Olympus out of fear like you did after the second Giant war. And don't be paranoid about something that could be a threat. Nurture it and care for it to make it one of your own. Don't repeat what you did to me or what your father did to you. Serve your purpose." I said to the Olympians.

They nodded their heads guiltily. "We are all sorry for what happened," Athena said. The other Olympians nodded. I could see that it took a lot of will power for her to overcome her ego.

My previous friends stood up and walked towards me. "Perseus, we're sorry for what we did to you and we hope that you stop hating us," Jason said. "I'm sorry for boasting at camp and misusing my powers."

I nodded at them,"serve your purpose," I said before disappearing from the throne room and appearing back in the Mansion of Night and meeting up with Hayami.

"That went rather well," she mused. I laughed, "you have no idea how long I've been waiting for some sense to be knocked into their skulls."

She laughed. She then took my hand and ran through the Mansion of Night, my home, taking me Nyx knows where. But I was happy now and content with my life. I had a feeling that the Fates were done with me for a while. So I laughed along with Hayami and ran about my home, going with the flow of the universe. Afterall, I had A New Purpose now.

------------------

Done.

Thank you all for reading my story.
Please let me know what you think about this story and whether you want me write any more. Thanks again.

-Bombardier143