Writing Prompt 2

She had put me on a no-harm list.

Fucking idiot. 

"Well, maybe I should just go pay her a visit," I thought, seething with anger.

I still knew where she lived. It wasn't that difficult to find out, she still lived in the house she grew up in. She runs a fucking global crime syndicate, and she lives in a two-bedroom, one-bathroom house with 1 story and no basement. In Ver-fucking-mont.

I still couldn't believe she had put me on a no-harm list. Ridiculous.

I arrived at her house and got out of my Camero, storming up to the door in my black combat boots. I pounded on the door, and Cameron came out, looking shocked to see me.

"Olive? How nice to see you!"

I glared at her. "Fuck you." I walked in, still glaring at her.

She smiled. "Want some tea? It's really been too long."

I sat down on the sofa. "You want to tell me what the fuck you were thinking?"

"Oh, whatever are you talking about, Olive? I would never hurt you," she said, going into the kitchen, presumably to make tea. She always was a tea person. Hated coffee.

One more thing we didn't have in common. 

"That's the point, you idiot! My entire job is to get myself in dangerous situations! You know about my power! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!" I was livid at this point, and there was Cameron, humming some old show tune I vaguely remembered and making tea.

Cameron looked over to me, still looking completely calm and collected. "Well, let's see. The only girl I ever loved broke up with me when we graduated from high school, saying we were "growing apart". Then, I joined the company I am now in charge of, thinking if I could do this, it would get my mind off of her. Then I reached the top, blah blah blah, and then one day, la da dee, I find out she's now an FBI agent. What am I to do? I know, despite whatever "professional" facade she may put on, she still holds a grudge and will do anything to stop me. So, what else do I do but put her on a no harm list, knowing full well that is the only way she will ever be able to never hurt me, the one thing she wants to do." Cameron was still smiling as she poured us two cups of tea. 

I crossed my arms. "You know what, fuck you. You say I'm the one holding a grudge? You're the one dwelling so much on what happened! The only reason I'm even here is that you might have just MAJORLY fucked up my career, the only thing I even care about! We dated in high school, Cameron! That was it! We were never going to end up together, we were never going to get that stupid fairy tale ending. I just saw it before you!"

Cameron slammed down the cup she was drinking from, almost spilling her tea. "No. Fuck you, Olive. Do you know how much it sucks to have someone who you love more than life itself tell you things aren't working out? Someone you've been dating for three years? Someone you were planning to MARRY one day? No, you don't. Because you just give that pain. You don't receive it. So fuck you, Olive." Cameron had tears quietly streaming down her face.

"You were fucking delusional, Cam! I did what I had to! What did you think the FBI was going to say when I applied to work for them and said, "Oh, and by the way, my wife's a super infamous criminal." How the fuck do you think they'd react to that?"

"There are other jobs, Liv! You could've worked a million different places! You're smart, and you're capable, and you're brave!" Cameron was halfway sobbing now, teardrops falling into her teacup.

"You KNOW this was my dream. And now you're so fucking bitter about something that happened YEARS ago that you're trying to take that away!"

"I LOVE YOU, OK? AND YOU FUCKING THREW THAT AWAY FOR SOME STUPID JOB!" Cameron had stood up, fists balled at her sides, sobbing.

"SAYS THE GIRL WHO RUNS A GLOBAL CRIME SYNDICATE!"

"AT LEAST I'M NOT A HEARTLESS BITCH THAT RUINS PEOPLE'S LIVES!"

"SCREW YOU, CAMERON! I WASN'T TRYING TO HURT ANYBODY! I WAS GOING OFF TO COLLEGE, AND I KNEW YOU PROBABLY WEREN'T GOING TO BECOME THE "GOOD GUY", AND I THOUGHT THAT IF I WANTED TO BE IN THE FBI AND NOT HAVE MY HEART BROKEN WHEN I WENT OFF TO COLLEGE HALFWAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY, I HAD TO BREAK UP WITH YOU! IT HURT ME TOO! AND ALL THIS TIME, I'VE BEEN DOING THE SAME THING YOU WERE, TRYING TO ABSORB MYSELF IN MY WORK, NOT THINK ABOUT HOW I MIGHT HAVE FUCKED EVERYTHING UP! THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT I DIDN'T MAKE A STUPID ASS DECISION TO GET BACK AT MY EX FROM HIGH SCHOOL!" I was crying now too. There. I had told her everything.

Cameron looked at me wide-eyed. Then she came over towards me and...

kissed me.

I had forgotten how soft her lips were.

She pulled away after a few seconds. "Liv, I had no idea..."

"Did- Did you just kiss me?"

"Well, duh!" She looked at me, smiling.

"I- I work for the FBI. You run a global crime syndicate. We can't-"

Cameron went on her tiptoes and kissed me again. "Who says the hero and the villain can't have a love story?" She smiled.

Holy shit.

What is it with me and weird lesbian romance today-

First it was a sociopath and a murderer and now it's these two chaotic lesbians-

Also, about the power thing: Olive has a special superpower where when she makes people bleed/bruise, she can access their memories if she wants. Don't ask me where that came from, because I don't know. The FBI doesn't know, they just know that she's REALLY good at getting leads and stuff. Cameron, however, does know, and that's why she put Liv on her no-harm list. She knows Olive would never hurt someone for seemingly no reason, so she made sure Liv couldn't use her power to get the evidence she needed to catch her.

I'm really proud of this too wow- I guess short, weird lesbian romance is where it's at for me-

Well, hope you enjoyed!

-Adrian