Chapter Forty-Three

*Happy Holidays! While assisting my friend in the aftermath of her fathers death, the two of us are simultaneously planning her wedding as she doesn't have much time left before she goes back to China. I've been so busy with her and today was one free day I've had and the husband I went to see Star Wars - not a film I'm ready to talk about yet... so, to bring up my bad mood, I've decided to get this chapter out! Just an epilogue left after this!*

 so, to bring up my bad mood, I've decided to get this chapter out! Just an epilogue left after this!*

•Callie•

One month and sixteen whole days since New Orleans. Since Ben was taken away. Since we were brought back to Vegas. Since Gray was promoted to a fully patched member and I was officially made his Old Lady - brand new property cut and all.

I'm even sporting a cute little tattoo that says Gray in cursive on my upper right arm. My name in big bold script over Gray's inner left forearm.

It's the end of July, which means... it's my birthday. My twentieth birthday to be exact.

The big two-oh. Two decades on this earth. Twenty years spent breathing (thank God).

But what have I done the entire time my party is raging fifty feet away? Hang my head over the edge of the toilet seat and puking my guts up until I can't get anything else up.

Sweat soaks the back of my neck and my clammy hands grip the edge of the toilet to help hoist me back to my feet.

"Oh, no." I gag and drop back down to my knees and empty the surprise contents that I hadn't known were still in me.

I try to catch my breath, tears forming in the corners of my eyes when I hear the bathroom door open and high heels click against the tiled floor.

Great. Now someone has to listen to me die in here.

"Callie? Honey, is that you?" The soft, gentle voice of Letha finds it way to me behind the stall door.

I don't answer, hoping she goes away, not yet wanting to face the world.

Her foot begins tapping against ground and I hear her sigh. "I recognize those Louboutins. I gave you those Louboutins."

Cringing, I wipe my mouth with some toilet paper, toss it and flush, carefully standing back up and praying to all that is holy that I can at least take a break from the puking.

Do me this one solid, Big Guy.

My hands shake as I open the stall door to see Letha standing there, low cut sparkly attire and sky high heels making her look like some kind of irritated runway model.

"Everything okay?" She asks, coming towards me and wrapping her arms around my shoulders and bringing me to the sink to clean me up.

I stare at my reflection, seeing my mascara and eyeliner running from the exertion it took to empty my stomach repeatedly. My cheeks are flushed and my eyes are bloodshot, but other than that, I'm freaking glowing.