Chapter 2- The Boy

I was driving down the long twisty road when I finally arrived at what looked like a legit prison.
I drove into the parking lot and into the nearest open spot.
I stared at the school and let out a long sigh. "It's going to be okay. It's gonna be a great day." I assured myself.
I got out of my car and walked through the front doors of the school. I found my way to the main office and told the secretary who I was.
"Isabelle Landoff. I'm new here." I said with a slight smile on my face.
"I know who you are sweetie." The lady that said this was skinny and short and had red hair sticking out in various ways.
She handed me my schedule for the day and I had asked her if she was able to walk me to my locker.
As we walked I noticed how big the school was. The hallways were really long and it felt like I was walking miles.
"Here you are honey. If you need anything else come right down to the main office." I smiled and said "Thank you."
Once I got my locker opened, the bell rang and kids piled into the hallways, each door opening at the same time. I noticed a group of kids, girls and boys, but mostly boys. I assumed they were the jocks of the school.
As I was settling myself into my locker, the group came over to me. A girl with a long black ponytail slammed me against the wall. "New girl! That means a new target!"
I was so shocked so I just stared.
Soon she was pulled away by a tall, very attractive boy with dark brown eyes and a small quiff. He was wearing a flannel shirt with black skinny jeans and a belt.
He went up into her face and said "Leave her alone Tiffany." I noticed that she rolled her eyes. He swatted the group away with his hand.
"I'm really sorry about that. That was Tiffany. As you can probably tell, she's a total bitch." he said. "So why do you hang out with her?" I was confused.
"Because that's what everyone expects. They expect the jocks to be with the popular girls."
I nodded my head like I understood. He blushed a little. "Uhmm.. I'm Jacob.. By the way." he said this shyly. "Isabelle." I replied.
"Well I guess I'll see you around." "Yeah.. Yeah you probably will." I said back.
I watched him walk away. Something about him.. Something about him I really liked. And I don't know what it was. I smiled to myself.
I checked my schedule and off I was to my next class.