Chapter 9

Trigger warning: This chapter includes homophobic based violence and language (censored language)

Following hours of talking, dancing and playing the occasional break to make out with Harry, the party was coming to an end. You were lying on the floor next to Harry, talking about nonsense. There was still a few people scattered around the place dancing or talking. Ginny and Mad Maddy were sat on the windowsill laughing together. Gaston Jr was wrestling his younger brother, Gil while Gaston The Third was attempting to teach Freddie Facilier how to do a handstand. 

"You're so pretty." You giggled and poked Harry's nose. 

"You're one to talk." He flirted back and place a hand on your cheek. "You are utterly ravishing." He placed a kiss on your lips, which did not last long as you pulled away.

"Ah ah ah," you placed a finger on his lips, "don't think I'm gonna put out so easily. I know your game."

"My game? What would that be?"

"You flirt with about every girl, sleep with them and ditch them, isn't that about right?"

"I guess I've been known to do so in the past."

"You think that's okay?"

"Whose to say I still do it."

"You've still got a reputation, everyone knows about it."

"So you've chatted to people about me."

"If I weren't so tired, I'd be shouting at you for being so self-absorbed."

"Look, if I were you I'd take my 'reputation' with a grain of salt. People can change."

"I guess they can, but how do I know you're not just having me on?"

"If that were the case, we'd be done by now."

"Oh really? And why's it not the case."

"Maybe I want to try something else." He held up his hook and looked at it.

"What else?"

"Should leave some people for everyone else."

"You're a dick." You shook your head at him.

"I'm just having a laugh!"

You simply rolled your eyes at him, slightly offended by the way he talked about women. You did not care about how many people he had been with, but you weren't a fan of objectification. You laid in silence for a moment before changing the subject. "How sharp is that hook?" You asked him.

"Sharp enough to cut through bone," he told you, "better watch out princess."

"Can I hold it?"

"Don't want you getting hurt love."

"I think I know how to hold a weapon."

"Then we'll just say that your hands are too minging."

"Why do you always carry it around?" You wondered aloud, fishing to see a more humane side of him.

"It's cool."

"There's an actual reason isn't there? You can tell me."

"Nah."

"Tell me."

"No."

"Tell meeeeeeeeeee!"

"Fine!" He huffed. "It just makes me feel more like my dad y'know? I wish I didn't have to carry it though. I wish I could just get rid of the hand and wear the hook instead."