-4-

Angel Dust immediately glomped Alastor, nearly knocking down the two of them into the ground. But, he didn't mind, returning the hug. "I thought..." His hands settled on the radio demon's face carefully. Part of him still couldn't believe this was real, as he was certain of what he remembered. Looking down, his clothes did not have the holes that were once there, and he truly looked alive. Seeing Angel's eyes water, Alastor shook his head, wiping the tears before they could form, smiling brightly.

"I don't die easily." Angel contemplated kissing him now and then, but remembered there was still someone else in the room. He wasn't normally one for decency, but in this case, it wasn't just some lust-filled drive making him behave this way. He got off reluctantly, a light pink hue on his cheeks. After all, Alastor's real feelings weren't exactly said when he was in a good place of mind. He had almost died. He hadn't opposed to any advances so far, but he didn't want to risk making him uncomfortable with something so intense. "Sorry, I..." Angel felt jittery, moving back to sit on his bed. "I'm just... so glad that you're alive."

"Even if I did die, I would only have a single regret. And that would be never seeing you again." The last words of his sentence made Angel's heart bump. "...but, there's still one loose end." His head turned slightly to Cherri, who suddenly felt the need to panic, but froze. "Angel, would you have any qualms if I ended this... conniving thing?" The venom in every word was felt, guided with that uncomfortable static that was growing in volume over time. "You could've died because of her." Grinning, he finally turned to her with a suddenness that her jump. "And so help me Satan, if you did, she would be dead right now."

"I-I'M SORRY! PLEASE, they said they'd kill me! They'd KILL me!" Cherri shook with a mix of fright, sadness, and anger. "What would you have done?!"

"I wouldn't trade your life for his if I was given a choice. No other demon's life for his, for that matter." Hands twitching, his anger building, Angel intervened, simply placing a hand on his. "That's enough, tough guy. I forgive him." Grip on his chair relaxing, he gave a sigh. "Be thankful you have such a forgiving friend, Cherri Bomb. If you try to stab him in the back again," he paused, "I will have your life." No more words were said, and he simply grinned at her. "Leave." Frightened beyond belief, she immediately left, the sound of her footsteps fading, and eventually disappearing. At this, Alastor relaxed. "You didn't have to scare her off like that."

"I know, love." He had let it slip this time, making him forget all about the previous scenario. "You've been awfully affectionate lately, Al'." Alastor hated that nickname. Yet, when Angel said it, he did not feel anything but enamored. "I've spoken about my feelings, have I not?" He felt anxiety creep up his back, along with other things. He hated this conglomerate of feelings, but the fact that one demon could make him feel this way astonished him. Alastor was smart. He was a powerhouse in the rankings of all demons, but he never stepped out of the boundaries of what he could do. There were plenty as strong, or stronger than him. Nervousness, or fear was typically nonexistent, even in the face of those powers. But right now, with Angel, he could not keep his composure.

"I know. But I never got to tell you how I felt."

"That... is fair." His anxiety peaked again, and he felt a dreadful feeling in the bottom of his stomach. It wasn't fair of him to impose his feelings. The radio demon had taken many things for himself without hesitation, but romance would not be one of those things. He was even more afraid that, given Angel's reputation and his own reputation, that a relationship couldn't work. Angel could sense his discomfort. "Hey, don't worry. It's just... Listen, I..." The spider demon's face contorted, trying to choose his words carefully. "...I really, really like you. You've done so much for me, even betting with your own life. Not to mention you're extremely sexy, both in appearances and when you're fighting." The last part was added in as an effort to ease the radio demon, but it mostly went over his head. The tension was building, and Alastor knew exactly what question was coming.