Chapter 1 - Forgotten Hope

Ink trudged through the snow, hoping he might find something at least a little interesting. He was weak from his last battle with Error. It wasn't too much longer when he finally collapsed onto his Knees in the white puffy snow.

"Damn…" he curses, unable to continue his walk. There wasn't really a point to it anyways.

Oh who is he kidding, there isn't a point to any of this.

Error has been winning his battles with Ink, and to be honest, it's been getting to him. Ink looked down blankly at the ground. His limbs were sore, he was definitely staying there for awhile. He had no motivation to move anyway.

And he did stay.

He stayed there for almost a week...4 days. He sat there through the blizzard, he sat through the cold nights. Logically he should have been dead by now, but fate has its twisted plans for otherwise.

Then there, suddenly a sound that rang through the deathly silence. Finally, something happens that catches his attention.

The sound of a portal opening and someone stepping into the snow behind him caught his attention, but he didn't turn around, thinking it was Error who had come to finish him off. But...to his surprise, it was someone else entirely.

"Well, well, well...I didn't expect that ominous energy to be coming from you, creator…"

Ink turns the dark voice behind him, his dull eyes glancing over the king himself. Nightmare, who was wearing the smirk he always wore. Ink stares at him, no emotion in his eyes or body, and Nightmare notices this.

"Why the dull look?"

"Why are you here."

"He speaks!" Nightmare chuckles taking a step towards Ink before kneeling down in front of him. He stares into Inks eyes, trying to look for some kind of emotion. To his surprise...nothing… "The real question is...why are YOU here…"
Ink closes his eyes for a second before looking back up at Nightmare.

"Giving up." Nightmare was quickly taken aback by this, he was giving up? Certainly and unexpected answer from the former creator.

"Giving up, huh?"

"There's no point to me fighting Error and protecting the AUs… He's going to win now anyway." Nightmare was a bit...well... bamboozled when hearing this from Ink, without an ounce of emotion. It was…

"Fascinating…" Ink looked into Nightmares eyes, a bit confused as Nightmare trying to draw out Inks soul...only to find,

That he doesn't have one.

"Amazing!" Nightmare exaggerates, truly fascinated by this discovery. "Your soulless! I've gotta be honest with you, I've never seen anything like it...but that does draw up some questions for you…" Ink simply continues to stare at Nightmare with his dull eyes, ready to listen.

"How come the last few times I was around you, you did have emotions? Or was that just me..." Ink finally looks down, he looks at his vials.

"My vials...they hold colors that give me emotions...they use too at least…"

Nightmare looks at his vials, seeing them empty gives him an understanding of what he means. "Ah...I see…" Nightmare meets he's gaze to Inks once again. Truly, he was fascinated by Inks existence. He honestly finds himself wanting to learn more about the artist, but he knows he must leave. Standing up, he looks down upon Ink. Smirking.

"Well, I must go, which is unfortunate since I would like to talk to you more. I'll be back tomorrow, so don't die just yet…"

"Ok." Nightmare chuckles, just ok?
Nightmare opens a portal and makes his leave, thinking about the small artist.