Chapter 2

TW: Fear, jumping to conclusions

"What's your last name?" Mr. Weasley asked

I looked up at him, well now he's gonna know, mostly cause I hate lying, which is going to surprise you when you know my last name.

"Malfoy," I said as quietly as possible

There was an audible gasp. I tense, expecting an explosion.

"Ella Malfoy?" Mr. Weasleys face suddenly looked understanding, "ohhh, Estella Malfoy, darling your parents are so worried about you,"

"Yeah right," I scoffed, "I was at my own funeral, and I saw right through them,"

"Your whAt?" George exclaimed

Well... oops

I sighed and started to explain, "last summer, I decided to fake my own death and run away," I said it as if there was no weight to the words and it was as simple as ordering an ice cream cone.

"Well at least your brother misses you," Mr. Weasley told me

I winced, Draco, my little brother was my best friend, I knew that when I faked my death he would get hurt, but we were supposed to never see each other again. I didn't like it but that was the way it had to be to keep bOth of us safe. When I saw him at the funeral from where I was hiding, he was crying so much and looked as though he hadn't slept since I left. It broke my heart... and apparently Draco's too.

I felt like a monster for doing that to a 9 year old boy, sure he was a pain sometimes, but what little brothers aren't? I just wish it didn't have to be this way and I could have said goodbye. Now Mr. Weasley is going to rat me out and Draco is going to hate me forever.

"So why did you do that?" Charlie asked

"Well I was supposed to start Hogwarts this year, but..." I trailed off

"What's so bad about Hogwarts?" Ron asked incredulously

I gave him a slight smile, "nothing,"

I finished off the last bits on my plate, "thank you for your hospitality, and I understand if I'm no longer welcome here, I must go flee the country to stay away from my family, Au revoir,"

As I walked out of the house, the twins caught up with me and grabbed me by the elbows.

"Oh no you're not leaving," George said

"You have to stay here for the holidays," Fred continues

"Thank you," I say, "but I can't, our families hate each other and your father is going to tell mine that I'm still alive and he will come after me,"

"This isn't Romeo and Juliet," George laughed

Both Fred and I stare at him in confusion.

"Shakespeare?" He said looking back at us.

I shake my head, what's shake spear?

"Never mind, the point is, Ella, we don't hate you and we can't have you collapsing in the snow again,"

I got to admit, I wasn't looking forward to spending the rest of this cold winter in a pup tent. Dobby helped me buy that from the muggle camping store place, I also got other supplies and he gave me a charmed bag to hold all my stuff.

Dobby is our house elf and he helped me run away, I tried to offer him clothes, but for some reason he didn't take it. Such a weird little guy but I love him. I always got mad at Draco when he's mean to Dobby

"Ella?" George said loudly, waving his hand in front of my face

"What?" I snapped out of my thoughts

"Are you coming back in?" He asked

I shivered, my coat was thin and ripped, "yeah I just have to get the rest of my stuff,"

I turned around and walked to my campsite. George suddenly wrapped a large coat around me.

"Thanks," I smiled at him

We walk about a mile to where my tent was set up and take it down, shoving it in my bag with the rest of my stuff. I realized how weak and cold I was, when I almost fell over again. George took me around the waist and helped me back to his house.

Mrs. Weasley was pacing in the living room when we got back.

"Oh hello dear, you'll be in Ginny's room till we figure out what to do with you. Arthur is sending an owl to Dumbledore,"

I winced, I don't want Father to find me, what if Dumbledore tells him?

***

A/n. Hi! I'm updating again. So tell me what you think