Chapter 10

"Estella Rose Malfoy," He said stiffly
"Father," I reply
Draco's arms tighten around me momentarily, then steps away under our Father's glare.
Mother and Draco head out and Father leads me into the drawing room.
"You faked your death," Father started
I crossed my arms, ready for the tangent
"You left, you are in Gryffindor, You hang out with the Weasleys," His face got closer and closer to a snarl with each word, "They are BLOOD TRAITORS," He yells and smacks me across the face, "and so are you,"
"oh really?" I say darkly stepping forward and force him backwards, "You want to go there? You cut people out of your family because of who they like or who they marry, you betray your family at the first sign of them doing something you don't approve of, so go ahead, beat me up, call me a blood traitor, but leave the Weasleys alone,"
He glares at me, "So noble," he spat, "You're such a Gryffindor,"
"hA," I scoff, "You call that an insult, you're pathetic,"
He snaps and pushes me to the ground.
An hour later when the storm had passed I limped up to my old room to see not a thing had changed. Draco was sitting in my unmade bed and clutching a stuffed animal.
"Was it bad?" He asked quietly
I smirked, "You should see what I did to him," I said
"Estel, you need to stop bating him," He begs
I sit at the end of my bed gingerly and gently hugged him, "I can handle it,"
"I don't want you too, look what he did," Draco pulled away and held my arm up to the light
I stared at the blood and bruises trailing down it with no emotion, "I'm sorry I left you here," I told Draco
"He didn't touch us for a while after you left," He informed me
"Good," I whisper
"Now we should fix that," Draco took my hand and pulled me into my bathroom
We were both really good at fixing wounds the muggle way by this point. We fixed up my physical wounds but mentally... I'm not so sure.
"Do you think I'm going to make friends at hogwarts?" Draco asks nervously, I know this is bothering him because he actually brought it up. The only time he's vunerable is when we are alone together, that's how we became so close.
I ruffled his hair, "I'm sure you will kid,"
He scowls, "I'm only two years younger than you,"
I giggle, "calm down squirt,"
"Hey," he pouts
"Estella," A voice asks as they knock on the door
"Yes mother," I call back
She comes in, "What did you do? Your father is in his room crying with a black eye,"
"I just gave him a taste of his own medicine," I shrug
She sighs, "He may deserve it but you can't do that,"
"Why not," I scoff
She doesn't answer and just heads out, "Dinner will be ready soon,"
Dinner was stiff and quiet despite the delicious food the house elves made. I wanted to just stop moving, maybe go into a coma, but I moved normally despite the pain shooting through my entire body.
Father was icing his eye, if I hadn't punched it, he would be glaring at me.
Dobby the house elf bustled around our feet and whimpered when Father kicked him. "rude," I mutter
"What was that?" Father asked sharply
I glared at him, "You can't treat him like that, he is a living breathing thing,"
Father stood up, "Come with me," he growled, barely holding his anger in check.
"No," I say flatly, Draco groans and Mother sighs
"Why you little..." Father came at me and yanked me to my feet
"Do it." I goaded him
"Estel nO!" Draco pushes Father away from me, "You'll have to go through me first,"
"Draco, don't fight my battles," I said, stepping between the two
-
That's basically how the next two months went and now it's finally time to go back to Hogwarts. It seemed like Father was making up for the past two years. Draco would barely leave my side unless I begged him to because I didn't want him to see Father doing... what he does.
On the bright side, Father was unable to touch Mother or Draco, I kept him busy.
One thing I wasn't looking forward to was facing the twins.
As if they stepped right out of my thoughts, I saw them running onto the platform. I hugged my mother goodbye and ignored Father. Draco and I borded the train.
"You wanna see your friends don't you," Draco stated
I gave him a smile and a hug, "Go make your own friends squirt, if you need to you can join us."
He pulled my sleeve over the bandage covering my arm, "I won't bother you," I hadn't decided weather or not to tell the boys.
"Tell them," Draco said
"Are you going to tell anyone,"  I scoff
He shrugged and I turned to find Lee Jordon, who's become a pretty good friend to us, he doesn't notice me so we continue and spot the large kids that Father is friends with their fathers. Draco looked up at me.
"Join them," I prod and head to an empty compartment.
A couple people I didn't know joined me but the twins didn't show up the whole ride.
They found me in the Great Hall and they pulled me to sit with them.
"You alright, Ella?" George asked immediately
Spending two months with my family made me better at lying.
"I'm good," I assure him, looking directly in his eyes and making sure my fingers weren't twitching.
He nods, unsure and opened his mouth to ask more but the first years entered.
Fred leans over to me and whispers, "Are you really okay?"
"Of course," not, I add silently
"No you're not," He replies
"How do you know?" I whisper back
"You didn't write," he shrugs
I wince, "oh yeah,"
"Granger, Hermione, GRYIFFINDOR, Weaslet, Ronald, GRYFFINDOR, Potter, Harry..."
"Woah," whispers ecohed through the hall
"GRYFFINDOR!" the hat shouted
"YES WE GOT POTTER," the twins chanted
I roll my eyes, "yes we got him now sit down," I yank them into theirs seats
George bumps into me and I wince, luckily, no one noticed.
"Come on, Ella, he's famous," Fred defended
"For being alive?" I smirked, "big whoop,"
"I'm sure its big for him," George said
"Good point, but famous is a little excessive." I sass
"Ella, chill," Fred said, "You seem stressed,"
I try to relax, but it's not really working, "Yeah, maybe," I relent
Dumbledore stands up and says a few words
"Nitwit, oddment, blubber, tweak,"
I avoid questions by shoving food in my mouth and mumbling nonsense.
"Ella, the food's gone, now you have to say something." George demanded
"Not everything has to be an interrogation," I breeze and head out as we were dismissed