Chapter 3 - Heather

Heather Deville. She was my first love. I first met her at Riverdale Elementary school. I originally hated her because I swore she'd stolen by black spider brooch (not to mention my favorite spider brooch) but yet I couldn't prove it.

        Years later in 8th grade, she became on my flunkies that I sent out to do my bidding. I always preferred my friend Tina over her though.

        Then later in the year, me and Heather became really close and sometimes I'd unknowingly flirt with her. This was the most confusing time of my life because I had no idea I could like other girls. My mother had beaten it into me that it was morally wrong and twisted, but hey, she is too.

Heather and I had become closer and Heather began revealing to me her darker side. Heather used to cut herself and rip things apart when she was sad or stressed or angry. I remember going over her house to help her study for midterms and she'd ripped apart all of her stuffed animals and pillows. It was then when I had my first kiss.

          Trying to calm her down, I grabbed her face to tell her that everything was ok. After she stopped spiraling, she leaned in for a kiss. It was just how Katy Perry described it. It felt so, wrong and confusing, but it was so magical and felt so... right.

After that, we started talking more and more low-key. Jason was the only person I told about me and Heather's secret rendezvous. Jason was completely supportive of me, but he warned me that my parents would kill Heather if they ever found out. So we remained secret.

          One night I invited Heather over for a sleepover. My mother was particularly fond of Heather and I'm pretty sure she was on to Heather, it might've been her rainbow sleeping bag or her bag that was covered in Lady Gaga stickers. That night, I let Heather sleep in my bed, which was like the biggest step ever. I never allowed anyone in my bed, it was my space, almost like my throne. But I didn't see Heather beneath me like everyone else, Heather was my equal, maybe even above me. Heather was such a sweet, smart, considerate, confident, and caring person. She was the type of person I wish I could be.

      After I let Heather in my bed, not to get too detailed, but Heather's fingers worked magic. But before I could even cum, my gorgon like mother bursted in the room. I can't even remember all the horrible things she said. I've buried them so deep in my brain that I'm not even convinced that the memory is still in there. All I remember is just a blur of my mother yelling and screaming.

       She banished Heather from Thornhill and after that I never saw Heather again. Not even at school, at one point I thought my mom might've killed her. But I just tried to rid of the memory from my brain and move on.

After banishing Heather, my mother had a long twisted talk with me. She told me that Heather was disgusting and a disgrace. She told me that lesbians were the devil's creation, deviant, and an abomination. The worst thing is, for a long time, I believed her.

    I lied to myself. Saying that I was disgusting and wicked. I hated myself. I hated others. I became like my mother, pushing my inner hatred onto others. I believed that love was nothing, but a scam. Love had never given me anything. I loved Heather, I lost her. I loved Jason, I lost him. I loved Toni, now here I am, locked away and slowly losing my mind.