Chapter 1

[A/N: I know you guys have been waiting for this a long time! Well, get ready. This'll be fun! I'm gonna be honest I've missed writing Spider-Nor, glad to have a story with him again! Enjoy!

WARNING!

THIS IS NOT A STAND ALONE.

If you have not read Always Silent, Peter Darling read that before this! This is a continuation and some portions will not make sense without the first book.. but if you really want to read this without the first book then I guess go ahead, there might be some stuff that won't make sense. You have been warned.]

"I'm pretty sure this thing is gonna have a seizure the moment we turn it on," Ned said skeptically.

"Nonsense," Peter said with a sly grin. "It's gonna work just fine," He looked down at the old green text-based computer screen and started finishing up a few lines of code.

Despite the fact that Peter had been selectively mute for over a decade, his vocal cords were hardly affected by the silence. With regular visits to a vocal therapist, he was already making great progress in improving his speech, but even with all the help, he remained soft-spoken with a low deep tone.

"Dude, you're trying to run Skyrim on three dozen processors and at least six bootlegged graphics cards," Ned had grabbed a fire extinguisher and stood with DUMMY on guard.

DUMMY beeped happily at being included, the excitable robot raised its claw holding the nozzle of his own fire extinguisher at the horrendous mass of computers parts strung together in the far corner of the workshop.

"Dummy, I swear to god if you douse this thing again while it's NOT on fire, you're getting donated to a Kentucky High School." Peter checked the wired connection to the secondary computer screen that looked out of place compared to the rest of the 1990s computer tech. There were at least three different adapters connected to the end, and one of them was held together with duct tape.

Ned just laughed. "You gotta admit that was pretty funny."

"Shut up," Peter said as he attempted to hide his grin. "And these aren't bootlegged, I made them myself."

"Sorry," Ned rolled his eyes. " Jerry-Rigged graphics cards ," he sarcastically corrected.

Finishing with his checks, he took a small step backcrossing an arm over his chest. "Alright, here goes nothing," Peter hit enter to start the program he then brought his hand up to run his knuckles over the uneven skin of the claw mark scars on his face.

The homemade retro computer came to life. It hummed and whirred, seeming to struggle to keep up with the command. While Peter watched the secondary computer screen with intense interest, Ned kept side-eyeing the rest of the computer for signs of smoke. The screen flickered then darkened before a digital fog rolled across the screen and the start screen glowed to life.

"It's working!" the two boys exclaimed with varying degrees of surprise.

"Wait," Ned frowned. "Where's the sound?"

Peter dropped his head and slapped a hand over his eyes. "Crap, how did I forget the audio?!"

DUMMY made a surprised noise, causing Peter to look up quickly. "Dummy, wait!"

But it was too late, the bot was already coating a portion of the computer in fluffy white fire suppressant. Ned burst out laughing, which caused him to drop his own fire extinguisher. Peter covered his face again, letting out a long groan.

DUMMY somehow managed to look proud of himself when the computer components were thoroughly soaked. How a one-armed robot managed to do that was beyond Peter.