V.

-K'Yanna Barber-

-October 12th, 2018-

***

"Bag lady you gone hurt your back, dragging all them bags like that

"Bag lady you gone hurt your back, dragging all them bags like that. I guess nobody ever told you, All you must hold onto, is you, is you, is you."

I sang along with Erykah Badu's melodic voice as I danced around my apartment with Zay. I told him to come through after work, so we decided to make a few drinks and watch some Netflix. Plus I definitely needed to fill him in on me and Israel's call a few nights ago.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed two wine glasses for us out of my china cabinet. Going into the pantry I grabbed a bottle of red wine and brought it with me to the living room.

"K? What you doin'? Marie who is this?" Zay laughed reading my text messages out loud.

I snatched my phone away from him quickly as my phone buzzed again. It was another text from Israel. I typed in my passcode and went to our messages and replied to him. We had been texting ever since that facetime call and I was honestly enjoying it.

-Israel👀-

 K?- 5:48 pm 

What you on? - 5:52 pm

"Israel...the one from the nail appointment..." I trailed off biting my bottom lip slightly. Zay mushed my shoulder clapping his hands excitedly.

"THAT FINE ASS MAN? Oooooo frienddd!" He sang twerking around the living room.

All I could do was laugh at his reaction. I looked back down at my phone at his reply as I sipped on my wine.

"He wants to take me out, look." I said showing Zay the message nervously.

"But Marie he said 'on some chill shit tho' so don't overreact. I'll find you something cute to wear while you shower and do your hair." He said walking upstairs towards my bedroom.

I shook my head at Zay and replied back to Israel 'sounds great' and sent him my apartment complex address. Walking past Zay I went into the ensuite bathroom and showered quickly with my 'Juicy Couture' scent and got out, putting my robe on. I washed my face and brush my teeth thoroughly before putting on my matching black lace bra and panty set. I walked into my bedroom as Zay came out of the closet with a graphic tee and some light blue Fashion Nova jeans. I got dressed and lightly pressed my hair to put it in a neat ninja bun. I matched my outfit with my clear see-through heels since my toes were done and some gold jewelry.

***