VIII.

-K'Yanna Barber-

-November 5th, 2018-

"And I. Dreamed of you ever since, now I built up my confidence." I laughed as I watched Israel sing into the spoon as a fake mic along to Tevin Campbell playing on my beats pill. Watching him in this kinda aura definitely had me feeling kinda mushy about our conversation earlier. As much as I was feeling him it felt good to get the same attention back. I haven't felt this way about anyone I was seeing since Aiden and he was my first and only love.

I hummed along to the song as I diced up the tomatoes and basil. As I turned away to brown everything together in the skillet I felt Israel come behind me. Ever since I asked him to stay for dinner he couldn't stay away from me.

"What you doin' to it now." I heard him speak over my shoulder watching my every move. He continued to watch as the skillet flared up in mild flames as I poured the red wine over it.

"The recipe says to add a swig of red wine after browning." I stirred around some of the bubbling sauce and put a little up to his mouth to taste.

"Shit is good mama." He took a seat at my island sitting directly across from me. I bent down into the oven grabbing the fresh batch of cheddar biscuits I had made earlier. I set all of the food dishes on the counter before going into the china cabinet to grab us glasses and plates.

At that exact moment, I heard the doorbell ring interrupting me from grabbing anything else. I went over to the door looking through the peephole and saw that it was my mom bringing AJ back. I smiled instantly happy to see my baby boy. I looked over at Israel who sat still at the island with a confused look.

"It's my mom...and she has my son. I'm so sorry if this is awkward I didn't want yall-" I bit my lip slightly turning towards him.

"You good K, I don't mind meeting lil man. Plus you invited me, this is yall dinner night." Israel spoke up cutting me off completely while looking directly at me. Its as if he was trying to read through me for any signs of reluctance. I sighed of relief knowing how awkward it would have been if they would have just come in here and saw us together. I sent a small smile his way noticing the way his brows furrowed together. I knew that deep down Israel had shared the same anxieties that I did at this moment. He was going to be meeting my child.

***

-Israel Easton-

I sat back into the island chair as I watched the interaction unfold in front of me. I rubbed my now sweaty palms on my jean pants putting my phone in my pocket. I looked at the little boy in front of me and damn near choked at the resemblance between the two of them. Lil man definitely had K's genetics in the face and everything. That really was her twin.

"Mommy!"

"Hey pooh," I watched as K lifted him into the air placing multiple kisses all over his face. I watched as her mom walked in behind the both of them noticing me sitting at the island. I got up to introduce myself when I felt a light tug on my pants leg.