ONE. the day junior year stood still

AS CHARLIE Chandler pulled into the school's drop-off lane he faced Gideon

AS CHARLIE Chandler pulled into the school's drop-off lane he faced Gideon. He looked at his daughter fixing the ends of her hair.

"You look fine."

Gideon smiled, "Thank you... but fine isn't enough."

"Who are you trying to look good for?"

"Herself, duh."

The two looked towards the backseat at Campbell and Cameron Chandler.

"Why did you two come?" Gideon asked.

Cameron grabbed Gideon's shoulders and shook her, "It's your first day of your third year of high school."

"I know."

"We've been there every step. Not stopping now, Gigi." Campbell smiled.

Gideon shook her head at the nickname and looked at her father.

"You'll be fine and when you get home, Mackenzie will be there and you can tell us all about your first day as a junior."

She looked out the window and saw her best friend, Hannah Takahashi, waiting for her.

"Love you, Gigi."

She smiled at her father, "Love you too, Pops." She looked towards the back, "Love you guys too."

She grabbed her bag and opened the car door. Once out, she shut the door and waved goodbye to her family in the car.

"She'll be fine, Charlie." Campbell reassured.

Charlie took one last look at Gideon, who sent him a wave and a smile.

They drove off and she made her way towards Hannah.