Chapter 5

Hope does her sit-ups as she keeps watch on the new Malivore portal, Lizzie walks up behind Hope with a smile. "Hope Andrea Mikaelson." Hope quickly stands up with a bewildered look on her face.

"What?"

"It's official. I remember everything. When I woke up from that spell Josie blasted me with, you popped into my messed up brain like an acid flashback."

"How? You are literally the only person on the entire planet who knows that I exist." Hope goes to hug Lizzie but the blonde holds out her arms to stop her.

"Epic former frenemy reunion is gonna have to wait. We have bigger drama." Hope looks confused so Lizzie continues. "Josie and Landon are having sex, tonight."

"What?"

"There's a decade dance."

"Okay well that doesn't mean-"

"She asked me to find an excuse to stay with my dad." Hope's eyes sadden and she looks at the ground. "You have to stop it, speak your truth, spill your beans, tell your tale."

"Why didn't you tell her?"

"Because I didn't want to be the one to break her heart. That's your job." The Malivore pits starts bubbling loudly. "Ugh, not a good time."

Suddenly a woman appears out of the smoke dressed head to toe in 80's garb. She looks around, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulders. "Who the hell are you?"

"Heh. I'm the keeper." She looks Hope and Lizzie up and down. "Ah, this is going to be a lot easier than I thought." Lizzie's forehead scrunches up in confusion when the keeper lifts her arm and laughs. "Welcome to the game." She drops her arm, blinks a couple of times, and then disappears.

"Well that was, anticlimactic." Both girls turn and start walking.

"We have to get to the school to protect Landon."

"More like protect Josie from Landon by warning her she's about to have sex with a human-sized muppet-" Just as they're going to cross the street, a car comes out of nowhere and mows them down. They both sit back up, completely alive, in the town square. "What just happened?"

"I think the game just started."

****

Kaleb breathes heavily as the door to his room opens and MG steps in, walking over to him. "Hey." MG tries to shake Kaleb awake. "Hey!"

"Huh, what? What?" MG points behind him.

"Can you see him?"

"All I see is a dude who can't respect boundaries." Kaleb lays back down and pulls the covers over him.

"I told you no one else can see me." Sebastian smacks the back of MG's head.

"Boy!"

"MG, you're trippin." MG looks back and forth between both guys as Kaleb sits up.

"Bu- I know. I know, I know but Lizzie she- she met this new vampire."

"Yeah uh- Sebastian."

"Yeah." MG gasps the word as if almost relieved.

"She's been flapping her gums about him all over school."

"He isn't real. So I thought Lizzie was losing it but now I'm seeing him so either I'm hallucinating or this dude-" Sebastian flicks MG's ear stopping him mid-sentence. "What the- would you stop touching me?"

"Woah woah woah, hey. Hey, hey buddy." MG turns to Kaleb. "Um." Sebastian smiles as he sits on the chair at Kaleb's desk. "Ask him what he wants."

"He wants us to find his body. He says he's been dessicated in a box somewhere. He's a little vague on specifics." MG turns his head back towards Sebastian during his last sentence.