Mission

Bucky and you hurried down the corridor to the conference room. Steve would not be happy with your tardiness. But it was not your fault, Bucky had cornered you in the gym about who the man you liked was. You really needed to learn to keep your mouth shut when you drink tequila with the girls or just stop drinking altogether. Fortunately, F.R.I.D.A.Y had interrupted you with the news that the team meeting was starting. You knew that Bucky was faster than you and easily could be at the meeting already, but he kept up with you, which you were thankful for.
"Steve is going to kill us," you gasped out as you saw the door to the conference room.
"Not at all," Bucky said easily, he was breathing normally.
"Maybe not you," You hissed. "But he hates me." The last part came out almost like a whisper. You blinked away the tears in your eyes. Steve and you had been good friends, but now, well now he was cold against you, and distant. He never wanted to spend time with you anymore.
"Steve does not hate you," Bucky said and looked over at you. You just shake your head. Bucky was just trying to make you feel better.
"This is all your fault," you got out as you come to a stop in front of the door. Bucky opened it and walked in with ease like he had not just run to get there. You walked in behind him and keep your eyes on Bucky's back. Red and sweaty was not a good look at you.
"How nice of you to join us," Steve sneered at you, but his eyes were on you alone. Eyes that shot daggers.
"Sorry, Captain," You got out and Bucky looked between you and Steve. A smirk formed on Bucky's face. Fuck, that was not good.
"I am sorry, Steve," Bucky says and puts his arms around your shoulders. "I keep her occupied and we forgot the time." This was true, but it sounded.. It sounded almost dirty when Bucky said it. You could see Sam, Tony and Clint snicker. Wanda and Nat looked at you with confusion. You shake your head silently, so the girls could see. Nat mounted to you that you would talk later. You nodded. Steve cleared his throat and made a gesture to the table. Bucky dragged you to two empty chairs between Clint and Sam.

Steve started talking about upcoming missions, but you had a hard time listening. Your thoughts were somewhere else. You looked up at Steve and watched him talking. Why did he have to be so damn good looking? He was looking down at the papers in front of him and talking about missions for the next day. Wait, what did he say? A couple of missions the same day, in different parts of the world. You looked at Steve in disbelief. Was he serious?
"We are all splitting up in smaller teams?" you asked and Steve looked up from his papers.
"Yes, we have more than one pressing mission so we are splitting up to handle it all," Steve answered and looked down on his papers again.
"Is that really a good idea?" Wanda asked the same question that you were going to ask.
"Fury and I discussed it and agreed. This is happening people," Steve said and looked around the table at all the Avengers, except you. He did not look at you. It should not bother you, but it does. Steve was always kind of cold against you, and only you. And he did not use to be. What had happened to you?
"The first team is: Tony, Wanda, Peter and Vision," Steve said and handed them all a folder with their mission.
"The next team is: Clint, Natasha, Sam and Bucky," Steve said. You looked up and was meet with Bucky's eyes open wide and Nat had a smirk on her face. What had just happened? Bucky and you always went on missions together. Steve handed them folders with the missions and then he turned to you.
"That leaves us, Y/N, on a mission together," He handed you a folder and you opened it. Steve and you were going to Alaska, and your cover was as a young couple on a skiing vacation together. Fuck, fuck, fuck. How were you going to stand to be with Steve and not let it show that it was not killing you to pretend to be together with him. Especially when all you really wanted was to be his real girlfriend. You knew from an earlier mission that Steve could play a loving boyfriend really good, but you had not been undercover with him in a really long time. And how was this going to end when he was cold against you. Could you survive his hot and cold attitude against you? Steve dismiss you with the parting words of when the mission would start the next day.