Chapter 3 - The Talk

[A/N: Okay so this chapter takes part up in Ron and Harry's dorm where Ron is explaining the night's events to Harry.]

"And then Hermione said "Okay, I'll do it tonight. I will go straight up to him and say 'I love you Ronald Weasley!" And that's why you have to help me hide from her" explained Ron.

"Woah" said a bewildered Harry Potter, "I did not see that coming!"

"Yeah neither did I!" said Ron, "What should I do? You have to help me hide from her! If she finds me then she will tell me that she loves me and my life will be over!" 

"What's so bad about that though? You can't honestly tell me that you don't like her back!" Harry said.

"Uh.. Well.. No.. I... Uh... Don't..." Said Ron, who's ears had turned as red as his hair.

"Bullshit mate, it's obvious that you like her, what are you so afraid of?" Harry Asked.

"I dunno..." Ron mumbled, "I just wouldn't know what to say..."

"You don't need to say anything, I have a plan" Said Harry.

------------

Although Ron now knew exactly how he was going to respond to Hermione's news, he was still scared to face her. I mean, the girl of his dreams, whom he had liked since he and Harry had rescued her from the troll in first year, was about to admit her true feelings for him. THE Hermione Jean Granger liked HIM, poor, clumsy, idiotic Ron. Of course he was nervous.

He avoided her all afternoon, changing direction if he saw her in the corridors, and hiding out in his room whenever possible. When dinner time finally came around, he had no choice other than to go down and see Hermione. 'Atleast Harry will be there too! She can't make a move on me if other people are around!' Ron thought to himself happily as he walked down the many corridors to the great hall.

------------

When he arrived at the great hall, he looked around briefly before spotting his two best friends sitting down the far end of the Gryffindor table. He rushed towards them and sat down. He realised straight away that he had sat down directly across from Hermione, which was a big mistake. He started to get up and move, but he stopped himself before anyone had noticed. If he got up and moved, then Hermione would know that something was up, and she was a smart girl. It wouldn't be long before she figured out exactly what was up and she would not be happy when she found out that he was eavesdropping on their conversation.

He didn't think anyone had noticed him start to stand up, but apparently Hermione had. She was glaring at him with a confused expression on her face.

"Ron, are you okay?" She asked him.

"Yeah... I'm uh... Fine... Thanks" he responded.

The tension in the air was so thick you could cut it with a knife. An awkward, eerie silence seemed to fill the great hall, although there were hundreds of students in the midst, talking and laughing and having fun. It was Harry who spoke first.

"Sooooooo... this food is pretty good huh?" He said.

"Yeah, its uh... great" said Ron and Hermione at the same time. Ron reached for a bread roll. So did Hermione. Their hands touched slightly and they both pulled back instantly. Hermione blushed furiously, and before Ron knew it she had ran out of the great hall. He looked at Harry, whose face appeared as surprised as he felt. After a long pause Harry spoke again.

"Go check on her man, now's the perfect time!" he suggested. 

Ron stood up, took a deep breath, and walked out of the great hall. 'Where would Hermione be?' Ron thought to himself as he wandered around Hogwarts Castle. He checked Gryffindor Common Room, every classroom that he passed, the astronomy tower, until finally he came across the library. It was huge! He very rarely came in here, so he didn't really know his way around. However as he was wandering aimlessly through the long shelves of books, books and more books he stopped. He could heard faint sniffeling noises coming from a far corner of the library that he had never been to before.

He ventured slowly over to the corner, as the sniffeling noises and stifled sobs got gradually louder and louder until... Ron looked around a shelf full of old Hogwarts history textbooks and he saw a small girl, curled up in a ball, sitting in the corner. He would have recognised her frizzy, light brown hair anywhere. It was Hermione. He should have known that she would be here. She had her face in her hands, bawling her eyes out. The air was filled with the sounds of her wracking sobs and sniffles.

She clearly didn't hear Ron walk over to her.

"Hey" he said.

She jumped and peered up, her puffy, red eyes looking straight into Ron's. It pained Ron to see her like this. They stayed that way for a while, Ron standing over Hermione staring into her beautiful brown eyes as tears streamed down her face. He couldn't take it anymore.

"Hermione, look, I have something to tell you..." Ron started. "I think that you are... so amazing. Like the most amazing person I have ever met. Ever since Harry and I saved you from that troll all those years ago........." He paused, took a deep breath, and continued, "I have had the most insane crush on you. It was never Lavender, or any of those other girls, or even Harry that got me through. It was always you. Hermione Jean Granger, I love you. To the moon and back. I love you more than you will ever know and it pains me to see you like this. Please, don't be upset."

Hermione was crying even more now. Ron was confused.

"Why are you still crying? Did I say something wrong?" he asked.

"No..." She responded,  "You said everything perfectly. You are perfect Ron. These are happy tears! I love you too."

Ron helped her up, and leaned her against the wall. He took a deep breath, leaned in, and kissed her. Not like one of those pathetic, sloppy kisses that you sometimes see, it was one of those historic movie kisses that makes teenage girls squeal with excitement. [A/N: Hehe see what I did there? The fangirls will live forever!]

When they eventually pulled apart, Ron smiled the biggest smile he had ever smiled in his life. He wiped away the last of Hermione's tears gently with his thumb and they walked back to the Gryffindor Common Room, hand in hand.

[A/N: Okay so that was kinda long, and probably not very good but idec anymore because nobody is reading this anyway so I am basically just writing for myself... Anyway if you are by any chance reading this, thanks and ily x]