M. 5

THE SCHOOL WAS completely empty.

Well, that's just because it was mid-lesson. According to the clock in the hallway, it was 1:23 pm. Yes, Mike did leave Dustin's house much earlier in the day. He should've gotten to the school much earlier, but he had a stop to make, a stop that took much longer then he anticipated. 

He was glad he made it- he needed the time to calm down, and make the phone call he needed to make so everything would be perfect. Besides, the object that was now deep in his backpack made him feel better.

He was ready.

He went down the hall slowly, feeling almost like it was the weekend again. Without the crowds of students, he kind of liked going through the empty hallway. He liked the sounds of his footsteps bouncing of the walls and filling the silence. He was used to it by now.

Finally- Mr. Clark's classroom where he knew Will was studying. It was kind of funny- Mr Clark's classroom was the one to start it all- and now he was (hopefully) going to tie his weekend with a satisfying ending- and maybe start a whole new chapter of his life.

It was all up to Will.

Deep breath. three knocks on the wooden door.

"Yes?" Mr. Clark's voice called from inside the classroom. Mike pushed the door open, and suddenly he was standing in front of the class. He smiled an apologetic smile at Mr. Clark, and scanned the students until he saw him. Will. eyes focused on the noted he was taking his notes in, is mouth pouted as he stared at his notebook with concentration. 

So cute.

"Did you have a reason for barging into my classroom mid- class, Mr. Wheeler? Or did you leave your class just to stare at my students?" Mr Clark asked, and Mike tore his eyes from Will as the class erupted with laughter.

"Umm- yeah- sorry," He said, red faced, "I need to borrow Will for something urgent." 

At the mention of his name Will looked up, and when he saw Mike he turned white and then completely red.

"Very well. Will, please finish the rest of the page until our next class. And remember- never lock those curiosity doors!" Mr. Clark winked at Will, who hurried to stuff his school equipment in his bag. 

Will finished quick as he can, and then jumped to his feet and followed Mike out the door. They heard the class resume before the door closed completely and they where alone in the silent hallway once again. They walked away from the class until they reached an empty class. They went in silently. 

"Look, I'm sorry- I know you broke up with me," Mike burst out a moment later, but Will stopped him.

"What?? Mike, I never broke up with you! I just- I don't everyone to know I'm gay, that's all!" Will said. Mike slumped with relief, but Will's face dropped at once.

"Wait, are you breaking up with me because of it?" he asked, his voice slightly shaky. Mike hurried to grab both of the brunette's hands.

"No! never!" he exclaimed. Will looked at him with those big hazel eyes, and smiled. smiled his small smile again.
"Good," he whispered, and rose to give Mike a small kiss on the cheek.

Mike was ecstatic. He hadn't lost Will like he had thought, and now the good news would be even better. But beforehand- he had to give Will his gift.

"umm- I got something for you," Mike said. He put his backpack on one of the desks and started rummaging through it.

"When did you have time to get anything?" Will laughed slightly. Mike smiled into his bag without answering. Finally, he found it. 

He took Will's hand, and slid his sweatshirt up so the bandage was visible. Will let out a questioning sound, but Mike proceeded to remove the bandage. Will tired to pull his hand away, but Mike hurried to wrap the bracelet he had costume made around it. It covered the cuts perfectly.

 Will lifted up his hand to look at the ocean-blue bracelet,tracing it with his hand. He turned his hand around, and Mike saw on his face the exact moment he found the engravement:

I love you.

"you like it?" Mike asked Will without looking at his face. Suddenly, the whole plan seemed crazy. Had he really told Will he loved him after barley a day of dating? he couldn't help the fact that he did. It seemed so natural to say it, but would Will be upset? weirded out?

"I love you too," Will smiled, and pulled Mike's face down for another world-turning amazing kiss.

"You don't have to be scared anymore," Mike said when the kiss was over, "I took care of Troy, and I'm gonna help you with your dad. Until I do you're going to stay at my place- I already asked my mom. Everything is going to be good now."

Will looked at him with complete shock, "you- I- I don't- thank you, Mike. So much." His eyes were filling with tears, and Mike didn't know if they were tears of happiness or relief- but at least he was sure they weren't ones of sadness. 

He gave Will a tight hug, and felt the shorter boy bury his head on his chest. 
"Hey, do you want to like- get out of here?" Mike asked, and Will moved a little bit away.
"god, yes." he smiled a stunning smile, and offered Mike his hand.

Mike took it without hesitation, and the tow boys made their way out of the school, hands held tightly together.

Silent, silent except for the footsteps and the slight rustling of Will's new bracelet.

"How about something to eat?" Mike asked as they got in his mom's car, that had been left in the school parking lot during the weekend.

"Anything but strawberry jam," Will replied with his small smile, and Mike's laughter echoed in the car as they sped away from the school.

                                                                          T H E    E N D