Game Night

Based on the prompt above ^^

~Third Person POV~

Sam Golbach and Colby Brock are two high schoolers, as well as best friends for life. After all, it's Sam and Colby against the world. They are both currently staying the night at Sam's place, seeing as they do that almost every Friday night. The two friends both have a secret, one that neither of them know.

You see, they both have a crush. Sam has a crush on a certain brunette with beautiful, bright blue eyes. His crush has classes with him, band included. Colby, on the other hand, has a crush on a blonde boy with equally beautiful and bright blue eyes, and is also in band. They both hang out with their crushes all the time, and they're madly in love with the other.

Neither of them know that the other has a crush though. The only people who do know is both of their friends, clearly being able to see from the look in the other's eyes. Neither Sam nor Colby plan on telling each other about their crush, seeing as they got a mad crush on the other.

Both of them just play off that they're straight though, too embarrassed to admit the truth. "Sam! Dang it, you killed me again!" Colby huffs, motioning towards the game they were playing.

Sam just chuckles in response, grinning. "What can I say? I'm just good at this game."

Colby just huffs in response, and Sam hums softly. "Another round, or a new game since you're upset you lost to me again?" Sam looks over at his brunette friend, who just shrugs.

"I'm fine with whichever," Colby hums softly, looking at the shorter blonde.

"Time for a new game then," he smiles, getting up to change the disk.

"I'm gonna run down and get some food," the brunette hums softly, and the other high school boy nods.

Colby heads down the stairs, grabbing a slice of pizza from the pizza box. He bites into it, heading back up to the bedroom. Sam's parents were already asleep, his sister being the only other person awake. His brother went to sleep not long ago and his parents went to bed early so they could get up for work in the morning.

"It's honestly creepy out there," Colby shrugs, shivering. "Especially when there's nobody else out there."

Sam chuckles in response, grabbing Colby's hand and pulling him over again. "You say that every single time we hang out at my place," he huffs softly, getting his controller again. Colby shoves some more of the pizza into his mouth, grabbing his controller as well, that way there they could both play some more.

They started playing some Minecraft, that way there isn't a winner nor loser, as long as neither of them died. Occasionally, the taller brunette would take slight glances at the blonde boy, the smaller one noticing. Both of them quickly look away, blushing.

Eventually, after an hour or so of playing Minecraft, Sam pauses the game. "Hey, Colby?" he asks softly, finally deciding he's gonna confess. He takes a deep breath, biting his lip.

"Yeah?" Colby places his controller on the floor in front of him, turning his full attention over to Sam. The small boys heart races within his chest, thumping quickly.

"Can I tell you about s-something?" he asks nervously, earning a soft nod. "Alright, w-well... I have a crush, on this person," he starts, and Colby's heart drops. Of course, he'd never love me. He probably likes the Katrina girl in his geometry class, Colby mentally scolds himself, not saying anything yet though.

Sam takes Colby's silence as a signal to continue, biting his lip. "A-And that person is you..." he concludes, making the brunette blush brightly. They're both now blushing brightly, a rare look on Colby.

"I like you t-too," he whispers, looking at the petite boy in front of him. He pulls Sam into a hug, the shorter boy hugging back.

"C-Can you kiss me?" Sam asks, wanting his dreams to happen.

Colby ponders for a moment, leaning in close. "The problem is," he says softly, their faces inches away, "if I kissed you, I don't think I'd be able to stop."

Sam's face flares up again, a deep, dark red covering his face. Then, Sam leans in the last bit, closing off the small gap between the two boys.

Their lips move in sync, the smaller one wrapping his arms around the others neck. The taller one rests his hands on the petite boys hips, their bodies being pressed against one another. The kiss lasts, the two only pulling back for a moment to exchange "I love you" and to catch their breath. Within seconds, they're back to each other lips, the way they ended up staying most of the night.

Game night must've never been so fun in their life.

~~~

Cookie Da Queen~