Data x Reader

It had been about a week since Data had his emotion chip reinstalled into his programming. Until now he had been unable to ignore a new feeling. To help him figure out this new feeling he went in search of a specific officer. Lieutenant Y/n L/n. You were a security officer with Commander Worf so he saw you quite often on away missions and considered you a close friend. Y/n, however, wished they could be more but knew that was impossible because Data was an android. Data stepped up to one of the wall panels and touched the screen.

"Computer, where is Lieutenant L/n?" Data asked

"Lieutenant L/n is in Holodeck 3." The computer responded.

You were in the middle of running an obstacle course in the Holodeck when he entered. Data watched in awe as you jumped across several high standing platforms and then pausing before getting a running start to catch a swinging bar that hung from the ceiling. You caught the first swinging bar and was about to reach for the second one before you realized you were not alone.

"Data!" You squeaked in surprise.

Unforntunately in your moment of hesitation it caused you to lose your grip on the swinging bar and fall quite hard onto the mat below the swinging bars. You rolled onto your side holding your arm desperately trying to hold back tears. Immediately regretting his decision of distracting you, Data ran to your side.

"Y/n! Are you alright?" Data asked his voice full of concern.

"Son of a batch of cookies that hurts." You said through grinding teeth sitting up. Realization dawned on you as you finally registered that Data actually sounded concerned. "Data, are you alright?" you asked in return still holding your arm.

"Of course, but it would seem I have caused you harm by distracting you." Data replied looking at her arm.

"Probably just a sprain. I'll have Doctor Crusher look at it." You said as you stood up. You again paused looking at Data after realizing something else. "Data...You called me Y/n. You've never used my first name before."

"I have had my emotion chip reinstalled into my programming. It has been an interesting experience again to use it. For some unknown reason I wanted to tell you and I came to find you in the Holodeck."

"Really?" You said almost too happily, thankfully Data didn't take notice.

"Yes, but please allow me to escort you to sickbay." Data said leading you out of the holodeck.

"Alright." You replied not complaining with a slight blush dusting your cheeks.

*Time Skip to Sickbay!*

"You were right and lucky too that it's just a sprain Y/n. If you had fallen any farther you would have broken your arm." Dr. Crusher said as she set your arm in a sling. "You're going to need to wear the sling for a couple days for it to heal however."

"Thank you Doctor." Y/n said.

"Would you also check her temperature Doctor?" Data added in.

"Her temperature Data?" Doctor Crusher asked slightly shocked.

"Yes. I noticed that her face was quite red for the length of time it took to get to Sickbay." Data informed the Doctor.

Dr. Crusher looked at you very confused. Of course, you had gone as red as a tomato at Data's comment. The real reason why you were all red caused Doctor Crusher to smile and shake her head.

"Data, Y/n isn't red because of a high temperature. The real reason I will leave you two to discuss." Doctor Crusher said as she left to do more work around Sickbay.

You watched Beverly leave before hanging her head and covering her bright red face with her hands.

"The real reason?" Data asked you.

"It's nothing Data. Don't worry about it." You said thoroughly embarrassed.

You attempted to flee Sickbay but Data caught you by your good arm.

"Please. Do not go Y/n." Data pleaded.

You stopped in your tracks. You looked between the door and Data.

"Ah to heck with it." You said before crashing your lips on Data's

Data was shocked at first but gladly returned your kiss. You wrapped your arms around his neck while he wrapped his arms around your waist. The two of you kissed for some time but unfortunately for you, you had to break for air.

"That was most interesting." Data finally said.

You stood there trying to figure out how to respond.

"I believe I have figured something out." Data added.

"What Data?" You asked somewhat curious.

"I do believe I love you. For the entire time I have had my emotion chip installed all I have wanted to do is be near you. Now, I can finally express to you my feelings."

"Oh Data. I was afraid you would never feel the same." You said almost in tears.

Data pulled you forward for another kiss and you gladly melted into it.

My first ever one shot complete! What do you guys think? Not too cheesy? Very cheesy? Requests are open!

🐢Kalumiko🐢