𝟐 - 𝗝𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗼𝘂𝘀𝘆

IF THERE WAS ONE THING Mallory hated more than her mother, it would probably be Quidditch. It had always confused her and it ticked her off. She now sat with Lavender and Parvati on the stands. Padma wanted to come with but her sister had reminded her of the essay that was due and she had groaned and retreated back to her respectful house. Hermione wasn't that far from them, and the hateful glare she threw Lavender's way did not go unnoticed by Mallory.

Once the torturous tryouts were done, the three friends retreated back to the common room. They had thrown a party to celebrate Harry being the Quidditch team captain and Ron being the Keeper. Mallory may dislike Quidditch but she felt as though no one could replace Oliver Wood, who she felt was passionate about the useless sport.

She was standing next to Hermione, Parvati on her left. They were engrossed in a pointless conversation, discussing how you tell licorice apart from chocolate when they suddenly heard a chorus of yes' ring around them.

Mallory first felt a burning feeling take over her body. It started in the depths of her stomach, slowly brewing up towards her head. She dug her finger nails deeply into the palms of her hands, and it did not help when Hermione commented, "It looks as though she's sucking his face off." And it did little to ease the burning in her brain, she was sure her brain had melted by now, when Parvati added, "Atta girl."

Mallory was blinded by a white hot anger as she marched up to the kissing pair, she'd rather not call them a couple as of now. She first yanked Lavender by her long brown hair and threw her back. The girl landed at the feet of an unsuspecting Cormac and let out an unhuman squeal. Mallory then slapped Ron, and the sound echoed throughout the now very quiet common room. "Stay away from Lavender." She had seethed before marching to her dormitories.

*

SHE WAS EMBARRASSED . FOR TWO simple reasons. She slapped her ginger friend and she felt jealous when she saw Lavender kiss Ron. But was it because she liked Ron or Lavender? Mallory liked to think she liked the former, but she knew that wasn't the case at all.

"Er - hi." Mallory greeted as she sat down next to an angry Hermione. "I - uh - wanted to apologize for - er - you know, slapping you Ron."

"You've got one heck of an arm woman." Ron replied, rubbing his red cheek. Mallory guessed Hermione had reduced the swelling with a spell, but couldn't do much the redness. "But it's all water under the bri-"

"No Ronald!" Hermione squeaked, making uncomfortable eye contact with Ron. "She needs to explain why she slapped you."

"I guess I did it because I was - um - She cleared her throat. "Jealous." Her cheeks burned red and Mallory mentally cursed at herself for cutting her hair just below her jawline, because she could not hide behind it.

"Jealous of Lav and I?" Ron asked and Mallory made a gagging noise. She hated romance and she hated herself for falling for one of the two. "But there's nothing to be jealous of."

"So you fancy Ron?" Harry spoke and Mallory shook her head and her eyes innocently trailed all the way to where Lavender was talking to Parvati. She saw Lavender laugh and her heat jolted.

"I...." She sighed, she hated herself for falling in love again. After she was left with a broken heart, she deemed love the work of the darkest wizard to ever live and she wanted nothing to do with it. That was until she first noticed she fancied Lavender. It started out small, like when she would ask Lavender to help her with Charms homework, and they would accidentally touch, she would blush and blame it on the fact that she didn't understand Charms and said she was embarrassed. It always had been easy hiding her feelings around Lavender, to a point where you couldn't even tell she loves her. "...Fancy Lavender."