Chapter 6

Over the years, Liu Qingge and Shen Qingqiu's relationship had started to become more and friendlier despite the constant denials.

It did help that Liu Qingge was the first one to extend an olive branch and with how pushy the War god was, Shen Qingqiu could only die trying to be truly rid of Liu Qingge's pestering. The only times that he can rest easy is when the war god was out for some long term mission and by then that stupid man would be carrying some bloodied beast that would leave blood stains all over the path or some weird items.

Since the day he learned that Shen Qingqiu was upset by the random gifts he sends him, they had a long thorough talk while Liu Qingge chase after Shen Qingqiu on the entire Tian Gong mountains until the later relents and listen to him. From there, Liu Qingge changed his approach and tried to give him things the way the other would see as a challenge.

In other words the gift giving had also became another competition for the two.

Troves of rare treasures, high level cultivation manuals and martial skills, rare herbs, high grade elixirs, high quality beast hides and cores, artefacts and many other things are being thrown at each other's face like it didn't mean anything. Others who would set sight upon those treasures can only be resentful at how easy those things come to those two like some cheap thing sold at the market.

And what do they do with the said treasures? Other than those useful for them, they just sit in the corner in their respective peaks to collect dust. When others ask if they could have it instead Liu Qingge would be possessive and wouldn't allow anyone to touch. Shen Qingqiu, on the other hand, would just shrug it off and mutter 'good riddance', even though he'd already hid those that had use for him. Still, his cold gaze would have anyone thinking twice from taking anything.

Knowing his past, Liu Qingge knew that Shen Qingqiu hated to be treated as someone who is weak. It was something that Liu Qingge himself can sympathize. And, if anything, Shen Qingqiu is far from weak. He understood that now clearly than anyone else.

Despite their constant denials, they already considered each other as a friend. Even others could tell that Shen Qingqiu no longer held his guard around Liu Qingge. And despite Liu Qingge's new habit of making Shen Qingqiu tend to his wounds (much to Mu QingFang's chagrin) the later would tolerate him enough to patch him up. Though the first few times he was thrown back to Qian Cao for that and sometimes slamming door at his face.

For Liu Qingge, he had long abandoned the pretext of wanting to correct his wrongs, he's simply grown fond of his companionship. It had been a frustrating trial and error at first to integrate himself as a friend in Shen Qingqiu's life. The Qing Jing Peak Lord doesn't take it kindly when someone oversteps his personal space and whenever Liu Qingge kept pushing past what Shen Qingqiu is comfortable with. But with his insistence and sincerity, the other had learned to adapt and accepted his presence as something natural.

They felt comfortable with the strange rhythm of their relationship that neither really cared. Those days where want to kill and avoid each other like a plague because of numerous misunderstandings seemed so far away.

They still argue - a lot - and often exchange scathingly remarks but their words lacked the heat that it used to have. Whenever they draw their swords for an exchange of pointers it no longer held a tinge of killing intent that makes others on the edge, ready to jump and interfere.

"You couldn't swing a sword to save your life," Shen Qingqiu mocked, grumbling in annoyance at Liu Qingge as he clean the arrow wound on shoulder as painful as possible. "Literally. You swing your blade like a hammer. It's a wonder you've managed to survive this long. You should consider moving to Wan Jian Peak."