Willow Rosenberg- Internet Dating: Part 1 (a)

"There is no reason to be scared, I promise." Willow joined you at the end of your bed and wrapped her arm around your back, pulling you in for a comforting hug. "They won't be a weirdo, they probably wont murder you and most importantly, they'll like you."

"There's no way you can guarantee all of those things." You pushed your head deeper into her chunky jumper and her soft hands gently stroked your arm.

"I've already told you; I can be nearby, and I'll have my mobile on me just in case they do give you the willies. I'll be with you in a moment's notice and don't think I'll hold back on these." She balled her hands into loose fists and goofily punched the air in front of her.

"I don't care about that, I can more than handle a weird internet date." You pushed yourself from the bed and pulled back the wardrobe door to see the same old clothes that had been there since you moved into your dorm.

"What's stressing you out then?" She asked, joining you and pointing out some of the more complimentary items in your arsenal.

"I don't know." You shrugged and lay out a few outfit choices onto your bed.

"You're worried that they wont like you?" You threw all but one of the outfits back into the pile of clothes that sat underneath the hung items but pulled some shoeboxes from underneath them.

"I don't know." You lied, unpacking the shoes and laying them one by one by the bed. "What do you think?" You asked, holding them up to the outfit, Willow didn't answer. You turned around to see her with her arms crossed and her best attempt at a menacing stare glaring down on you.

"Do not lie to me." Knowing that you had been beat you pushed the clothes to the side and lay on the bed, ready for the incoming deep talk. "You've got nothing to worry about." Willow perched gently besides you and rested her hand on your arm. "You are an awesome person, just be yourself and they'll see straight away how much of a catch you are."

"But it's been going so well online, what if when they actually meet me, they're just disappointed. I don't know how to talk to this person."

"You've been talking to this person for three weeks. I've barely been able to hold a conversation with you because of how much you've been talking. You come into lectures barely able to hold your head up because you've been messaging all night."

"It's not the same though, it's easy to talk to somebody through a screen but... it's just different okay."

~*~

Written by Aaron.