Chapter Three

Chapter Three
Walked Away

I don’t know if I’m thrilled or nervous. I think I’m a bit of both. Or maybe I’m in the middle. I wasn’t quite sure. I still haven’t worked out on that yet. I feel like I want to throw up and jump off the tallest building at the same time. Maybe I could take a flight to Dubai and just get it over with.

I spent the few days of my summer counting for it to end. And at the same time, wishing that it never will. I don’t really have that much of a long summer vacation since I spent most of it in summer class, taking subjects that would help me minus the stress in my last academic year.

Kasama ko dapat si Grant na mag-enroll. I’m going to manually pick my schedule for the first semester. He’s going to accompany me through the line and the whole process but unfortunately for me, he had an important meeting to attend to.

“You said you were going to accompany me.” Nagtatampo na sabi ko sa kabilang linya.

“I did. We can still go tomorrow.”

“The good schedules will be taken by that time. I need it to be today.” I pursed my lips. I sounded pissed and it’s because I am. This is starting to feel like a bit of déjà vu and I’m not liking it.

“I’m sorry, love. I wish I can drop this but Dad would kill me. This is really important and a big account that I can’t miss. I’m sorry, I’ll make it up to you.” Well, Grant can’t always be there for me. He’s busy now. It’s a surprise pa nga na he still manage to work around his schedule just to make sure he’s spending a lot of time with me instead of his work. Nagiging pabigat na ako sa kanya I’m pretty sure. Maybe he’ll get tired of me sooner or later. I don’t know how I’ll react to that when it happens.

“Okay, I understand.” Grant sighed when he heard my voice.

“Love, don’t be mad.” I bit my lip.

“I’m not. Just… disappointed.”

“Don’t be disappointed.”

I rolled my eyes. “Fine, I can go by myself. Don’t worry.”

“We’re good?” I sighed across the line and smiled.

“Yeah, we’re good.” I think I can almost see Grant nodding.

“Good. Take care for me, will you?”

“You too.” I hung up before any other words get exchanged.

Umupo ako sa kama at hinigpitan ang hawak sa phone ko. I really don’t want to go alone. I mean, I can. But then I’ll just realize how much of a loner I am. That kinda sucks… Like major with the capslock on and all.

My phone started ringing again and I was kinda hoping that I’d get to see Grant and he’ll make me happy by saying he cancelled his meetings for me but it was Kade.