On the twelfth day of Christmas, my father gave to me...twelve worried glances?

"Ciel!" Vincent opened the door only to slam it shut again. He stood outside the door with his back against it, shocked beyond belief. "What the fuck?" He was bewildered, enraged, and completely emotional. All of the best holiday emotions, haha, not really. 

"He already made a wish, didn't he?" Adrian shook his head. "According to the data, I assume it's a wish for his mother to be here?" Vincent nodded. How did Adrian know this? Well...let's leave that to the plothole of 'data.' Ciel has all the signs of angsty teen, even if he is an adult in this fic.

"I haven't seen her in years!" Vincent, in the midst of his mini panic attack, curled up into a ball on the porch and proceeded to cry. Just like every college student during the week of finals. Ah, good times, bad memories. 

"Can't you just...talk your way out of this?"

"Do I look like a suave earl with a lot of money?" Vincent snapped. Adrian took a step back to look up at the house covered in lights. It was a fairly nice home. The fact that Vincent lived in a house instead of an apartment was enough to say he was more well off than others. 

"Well, someone has to pay for that electric bill."

"You're not helping."

"And you aren't going to get anything done out here," Adrian grabbed Vincent's arm and dragged him inside. Rachel, the ex-wife, stood with her arms crossed tapping her foot. She'd seen Vincent open the door and was this close to going outside to get him herself. 

"Would you care to explain to me why I'm standing here? When I should be in my meeting halfway across the world?"

"It's...a Christmas miracle?" Vincent quietly offered.

"It's my fault, I think," Ciel spoke up. "I wanted you here and you appeared for some reason."

"Are you teaching him the dark arts again? When will you grow up!?"

"I didn't do anything! Why do you always assume it's my fault?"

"Because you're a good-for-nothing man that hasn't proved me wrong yet."

"Might I ask that you two refrain from an argument?" Sebastian stepped between Rachel and Vincent. "You're giving the Young Master quite a bit of anxiety." He gestured to the blob curled up underneath the table also known as Ciel (remember, he is an adult, no matter how short).

"Who the hell are you?" Rachel frowned.

"I'm a butler sent to serve."

"Do you have the extra money for this?" Rachel asked, gesturing her hands up and down at Sebastian.

"I didn't hire him," Vincent sighed.

"Oh, so you're selling out our son now? And who the fuck is he?" she pointed to Adrian.

"I am a man that has very little patience for your attitude," Adrian, back to his original vampire aesthetic, tapped his cane against the floor. "Either you get an adjustment or I'll give you one myself."

"Are you threatening me?" Rachel scoffed. 

"No," Adrian's eyes glowed, "but I will if you continue to misbehave." 

"Let's just..." Vincent sat down at the table. "Have some hot coco and try to figure this out." 

"Fine," Rachel huffed and sat down. Ciel crawled up from his place on the floor and chose the spot closest to his father. If he had ears, they would be pointed downwards with his tail tucked between his legs. Christmas is off to a good start.