-1-

Katsuki

After a while, you get used to the nightmares. It allows you to get an early head start in doing daily watches, patrols in the nearby perimeter or deciding on who gets to go on a supply run. I don't get used to them much. Mostly because of them consisting of seeing everyone get eaten alive or seeing my boyfriend, dead or as a zombie. The last one I dread most. I can't get the image of the last time I saw him out of my mind.

He was scared shitless the night before and asked me if we were going to be alright.... I said yes, as long as we are together, we are safe.

I never felt so much pain after proven to be a liar hours later.

I never felt so much pain after going back through the infested building, only to find only the dead, killed.

I promised to find him no matter what; I will love him no matter what. If he turns out to have turned, then I will be the one to take care of him.

~

Third person

Katsuki took his arrow out of a newly killed zombie that managed to find them. Wiping the blood off, he put it back in his quiver and slung the strap of his crossbow over his shoulder and stared down at it in distaste. 

'You were the one who took him from me.' Katsuki thought, bitterly. He pulled out a heart locket from his shirt and opened it, revealing a picture of Katsuki and Izuku, smiling in one, and the other of just Izuku with a similar chain around his neck.

He closes it and kisses it before placing it safely in his black t-shirt and making his journey back to the base with the sun just peaking through the trees.

He went alone that morning, something that is against the rules but often done. He is wanting all of them dead, risking his life on his own to make sure the outside is safe for the others. He knows he will get an ear full about it later but he got used to it quickly.

Speaking of which, a boy with shoulder length red hair and black roots is jogging up to him.

"Bakugou! Hey!" Kirishima calls in a voice slightly higher than talking level. Katsuki clicks is tongue as he scans his friend for his own weapon, knowing that he forgets it sometimes when going out. To his relief, he sees the worn out hatchet strapped to his hip, part of it holds the corner of his camouflage long sleeve shirt as it hangs on his belt. He has a smile of relief, but his eyes also read stress. As soon as he approaches, his smile is gone and he gives Katsuki a light shove. "Dude, we told you not to run off alone! Aizawa is pissed because you wasn't around when he was checking on everyone."

Katsuki looks down with a sigh before meeting his friends gaze.

"I know, I know. I just... I woke up early and paranoia gets the better of me. I rather it be me to get eaten than you guys. I already lost two people I care about, I'm not about to lose more." After Katsuki explains, Kirishima's stare turns from annoyed to one of sympathy.

"Look, I know that losing Midori and All Might was hard on you, hell, it was hard on all of us, but think about it, do you really think he would want you risking yourself before you had a chance to find him?"

Katsuki lets out another sigh, knowing that Kirishima has a point that he already knows. Instead of talking anymore, he shoves his thumbs into the pockets of his torn jeans and starts walking back to the base, hearing nothing more except for the small jog of steps behind him, signifying that his friend is wordlessly following behind. Even though he just put it away, he redrew his loaded crossbow. He held it in a tight hand while continuing to keep his eyes and ears sharp on the way back.

~

"Bakugou Katsuki, what have we told you about-!" Aizawa's scolding is quickly cut off by Katsuki waving his free hand in front of him.

"Yeah yeah, I already got chewed out by Kiri so I already know what you are going to say, don't worry about it." Katsuki dismissed the angered tone of his old teacher. Out of habit, he scans Aizawa like he did Kirishima, looking for his weapons. He didn't have to look hard as he notices the strap vest that holds two jagged knives under his arms. Under the vest is a dark purple, long sleeve v-neck, accompanied with dark blue jeans with more knives strapped to his thighs.

"We have to worry about it, Bakugou!" Tsuyu chimed in, walking up with Uraraka behind her. Uraraka had mostly stopped talking after the virus started and stuck close to Tsuyu, only really talking to her. Tsuyu wore blue jean shorts and a light green v-neck T-shirt, Uraraka wore the same but her shirt was a light blue and her hair has now reached her shoulder blades. She held two bats for the both of them. "We have to know where everyone is, otherwise we will be worried that something might have happened to you. Next time, at least bring a partn-."

"GUYS!" The conversation is cut short by a yell from Ashido, who is running up to camp with Iida and Todoroki coming up behind her. Ashido wears the same as Uraraka and Tsu, but her shirt is a light purple, Todoroki is in a white T-shirt and black pants, and Iida wears a dark blue T-shirt and cargo shorts. All three of them have machete straps over their right shoulder. A pang of paranoia hit Katsuki at the pink girl's volume, causing him to frantically look around and glare at her.

"Ashi! Keep it down! We don't know if there are any dead around after the patrol!" Katsuki half shouts, minding his volume.

"Yeah, yeah- listen!" She says quickly, sheathing her machete like Iida and Todoroki have already done with theirs. "We saw someone!"

Aizawa arched an eyebrow with a quick, "So?"

"He or she looked really familiar, and besides, it's another human with a possibility that he is not alone-." She stops when Todoroki steps forward while holding a piece of paper.

"They saw us, sat this letter on the ground and ran away before we could get to them." He continues.

Aizawa took the poorly folded piece of paper and opened it, revealing shaky looking handwriting. Iida, Ashido and Todoroki took what little food they found and passed it out evenly. It is hard to read, but after a minute, Aizawa managed to get it:

I hope that this letter finds someone and I hope you can read it well enough. Me and my son have supplies for those who need them, such as food, clean water and limited medical supplies. We will be delivering enough for a big group in two days at the gates of UA High School. Every month after that, we will only bring small groups worth. We only ask is that you don't try to harm us, do not follow us after the event, and please try to spread the word. You will be safe in our care. A hot meal will be provided every month as well.

Signed,
The Providers

"Should we trust it? I mean, it sounds honest enough, but..." Tsuyu trails off after her question, watching Uraraka take slow and uneasy bites of her food, knowing that the brunette won't eat it unless told to most times.

"We are low on supplies and we are finding less and less every time." Katsuki starts, turning to the three. "What do you mean by 'They looked familiar'? What were you able to make out?" The supply runners all took an unsure glance at each other before Iida took lead.

"Well, he seemed small, more around five foot five or so, short, and dark hair. He ran off before we could get a better look and that's all we could make out."

Katsuki furrows his brows and scratches his nape in frustration. There was only two that came to his mind and that was Izuku and Sero. But Izuku is shorter than the description and Sero is taller and dead. Kaminari made sure he didn't come back since he was his boyfriend, but they never saw the bright blond the next day.

After a few moments, a small voice broke the silence.

"I-I... tr-trust it..."

It was Uraraka. She half hides behind Tsuyu and has her head angled down, but her eyes are to the conversation.

Almost everyone looks at her with shock, but Tsuyu and Ashido gave proud glances. She is hardly one to trust anything anymore, so her saying so, means something.

"Well, I guess it's decided. We're going."