10

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒
and then my soul saw you and it kind of went, oh, there you are, i've been looking for you

AFTER THE ATTACK of the Cyclops, Hope and Clarke had gotten a little closer, more than they thought, and honestly, it kinda scared them a little

AFTER THE ATTACK of the Cyclops, Hope and Clarke had gotten a little closer, more than they thought, and honestly, it kinda scared them a little. They weren't suppose to be friends, but that's exactly what they ended up being.

Upon their walk after the attack, Hope definitely needed to rest, and they had laid down on the ground, just looking up at their only light source, the moon.

Laying back on his elbows, Clarke looked over at Hope with a new light in his eyes, and a lighter smile. It was like he didn't have the entire world on his shoulders anymore. He can be more care free, and have fun around this one girl. Hope Mikaelson. The only person who he had gotten close to over his hundreds of years on this planet.

"Hey, you okay?" She asked him gently as she propped herself up on her elbows. She tilted her head, and her auburn hair fell off her shoulders, and her shirt was pulled down slightly, revealing cleavage. He looked away and cleared his throat, his face heating up. "Clarke?"

He bit his lip and looked over at her. "I was just thinking about my father. Malivore," he spat out in disgust, and lowered his head slightly. "I was made over four hundred years ago, and I have never been able to do anything fun. I have never had a Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween." He blew out a breath. "I was too busy doing everything for my father, being the best soldier, son, and agent that ever could be, and what do I get? Nothing in return. I don't even have any friends."

Hope was staring at him with wide eyes, feeling bad for him. "Hey." She reached over and placed her hand on his, sending him a smile as his eyes snapped up to her. "I'm your friend," she whispered. "And when we get out of here, we can celebrate all that together." She then looked away from him with wide eyes. "Though, I haven't really celebrated Christmas in a couple of years."

He furrowed his brows. "Why?"

She looked up at him with vulnerable eyes. "Half is my family is dead because of me and the other half have their own lives that they need to live. I didn't really even have any friends until currently, so I was all by myself." She then sent him a small smile. "Except for now." She started rubbing her thumb over his hand. "I have you."

He sucked in a breath. "And I have you."

They looked in each other's eyes, and it seemed like they could finally understand one another more than they could previously. They both have lost things, have tried to be and do better for their only family, and they got the short end of the stick.

"You know... my father was once like yours," Hope murmured after a minute of silence and he immediately put all his attention on her. "He was cruel. He daggered my aunts and uncles when he saw fit. He made them feel as if they left him, he'd kill them. And he had kills thousands and thousands of people. All of my family has, actually." She shook her head as she looked up at the bright moon. "My aunts and uncles thought he would never be redeemed. Not until he had me."

"My father can't be redeemed and doesn't want to be," Clarke told her with a sigh.

"He doesn't deserve you," she told him softly.

"And who does?" He asked and then looked up at the moon. "I've done terrible things, Hope. Thins you can't even begin to imagine. I have killed a lot of people, tortured them, and pushed supernaturals in this hell hole even though I know the torture and pain it causes."

She closed her eyes for a second before sighing. "I was possessed by this thing called the Hallow twice. Once when I was seven and once when I was fifteen. The first time was by surprise, but the second... I took in it on purpose because I wanted my family together. I kidnapped my own mom and stuffed her in a box which allowed nazi vampires to grab her, and she scarified herself for me. I killed a group of those nazi vampires and some innocent guy who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. That is the kill that turned me into a hybrid."

She bit her lip as she recalled everything that had happened over two years ago. "My father got the Hollow in him and killed himself to make sure it would stay dead. My uncle couldn't live knowing his brother would die, so he killed himself too." She scoffed and shook her head. "Before I was even born, everyone was trying to kill me, and they all tried to protest me as best as they could. Now, they're all gone, either dead or doing their own thing."

Clarke watched her with wide eyes. "I'm sorry Hope, I wouldn't wish that even on my worst enemy."

She turned to him and wiped away a stray tear that had fallen. "I'm sorry if I'm making this all about me again. I know I'm selfish."

Clarke shook his head and reached out, wiping away another tear that had escaped. "You're the least selfish person I know," he whispered. "You literally jumped in here thinking you were going to die just to save everyone you love. You're amazing and never let anyone tell you otherwise."

"Thank you, Clarke," she murmured and then pulled him in a hug. "I'm glad that I'm stuck with you in here."

"Me too." He smiles and closed his eyes, pulling her closer.