the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows

"Welcome to Stonerland, USA! Where admission price is one joint!" Andrea laughed as she threw her arms up as if she was in a commercial for an amusement park, where in reality it was just a spot high up in an abandoned neighborhood, with a view of Miami.

Camila laughed and went along with it, reaching in her pocket and pulling out said rolled joint. "One ticket please." She grinned as she looked at her best friend who grabbed it from her hands, turning to the side and letting her through. "Welcome! Welcome!"

She laughed and sat on the hood of Camila's car, taking the lighter from her pocket and lighting it up, watching the sun go down.

Camila turned her head to look around before sitting next to her, taking the lit joint from her hands. "It's really nice up here, Dre." She smiled, looking at the pretty colors of the sun.

"Pretty view for the pretty girl." Andrea said as she watched her best friend take a drag, blowing out the smoke ever so slowly. "You're so amazing inside out, so I figured I could find a view half as amazing and make it our spot." Camila blushed and turned to look at her, a small smile on her lips.

"You know you'd be the perfect girlfriend, right?" She teased, sticking her tongue out. "Because that was something I'd say to get laid." She laughed, Andrea pushing her shoulder, "Shut the fuck up, Cabello, you wish!" She giggled, shaking her head. "You know it's not like that."

Camila nodded, agreeing wholeheartedly. "Yeah, that's like incest. No bueno." She snickered as she finished smoking and passed it to her best friend, looking out into the distance. "Do you think we'll be friends in 20 years?"

Andrea coughed a bit and looked at her, raising her eyebrows. "Do you have a fucking choice?" She asked, shoving her again. "You're not getting rid of me, bitch. So deal with it." She playfully threatened.

Camila chuckled softly and turned back to the scenery, a small smile on her lips. "It's not like I'd want to. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, Dre." She says, looking down at her hands. "I don't know what'd I do without you."

Andrea looks at her and it's quiet for a second, as she tries to find the right words to speak. "You're such a sweetheart, Camila. Vanessa definitely doesn't deserve you."

Cringing at the name of her girlfriend who's currently not her girlfriend but is still her girlfriend, Camila turns to her with a frown. "You know, she thinks you're in love with me and that we 'secretly have an affair' right? Her words. Not mine."

Andrea just laughed, shaking her head. "I'm gonna punch her in her face, she knows I'm with Dylan. She literally hit on him right in front of me. Like, is she even gay?" She raised an eyebrow, looking at her best friend.

"She's.. complicated, and I honestly don't understand  why she's like that." She sits there and takes another drag of her joint, the cherry almost at her fingertips, before blowing out the smoke. "I think she does those things for attention, or to try to get a rise out of people."

Andrea just shook her head, looking out at the distance. "Well she does that shit again, she's getting smacked. I already want to smack her for what she does to you, you need to step your shit up, Cabello." She chuckled, "You're too perfect for her."

"Nah. I probably just deserve better." Camila says as she shook her head. "Maybe it's for the best for it to be over." She said, the words bittersweet on her tongue.

"Maybe it's for the best she gets her ass beat. For making you sad." Andrea comments, as she takes out another joint. "Right?" She says while lighting it.