|Chapter 2|

"heeey"

Eliza read the text and the number over and over. She didn't know who it was. She took a screenshot of the number. She wanted to figure out who this was. She gasped. She knew someone who knew everything about everyone.

Just as she was about to text the person, she heard Angelica exclaim, "Eliza! Your boyfriend is here!" Eliza turned off her phone and put it in her sweatshirt pocket. She groaned when she realized who her sister was talking about. She went downstairs and saw her best friend, Alexander standing by the doorway. "Angie. Mom said that you shouldn't open the door for strangers." Eliza joked. Angelica giggled. Alexander gasped dramatically and put a hand on his chest as if he was offended. Peggy walked into the room and looked from Eliza to Alexander. "Eliza, what's our brother-in-law doing here. "What?" Alexander exclaimed, giving Eliza a confused look. "Nothing!" Eliza quickly responded and grabbed Alex's arm and pulled him outside.

"What's with the whole boyfriend, husband thing?" Alexander raised an eyebrow at Eliza. He was slightly blushing. Eliza ignored the question and changed the subject. "Why are you here so early?" She asked. "Because it's the last day of summer! I want to spend as much time as possible with you. You don't know what our schedules will be like." He pointed out. "Yes! I can't wait for school! I love it so much!" Eliza exclaimed sarcastically, throwing her hands in the air. Alexander chuckled.

The two walked around the neighborhood and walked to the park that was nearby. Alexander looked across the park and saw a forest. He smiled to himself. He turned to Eliza and said, "We've been chill all summer. We need to do something wicked and cool to start off this school year." He pointed at the woods. Eliza laughed at her friend's attempt to sound cool. Eliza shrugged her shoulders. "Why not?"  The two walked over to the forest and Eliza headed in right away, while Alexander was still hesitating.

"What? Scared?" Eliza laughed. "No." Alex said, his voice shaking. Eliza walked towards him and grabbed his hand, pulling him into the forest.

"Dunno why you're so scared. This was your idea." Eliza smirked. "I'm not scared." Alexander rolled his eyes. "Then why are you holding my hand so tight?" She giggled as he immediately let go of her hand.

They had been walking in the forest for about 30 minutes, half of the time Eliza was teasing Alexander, when Eliza stopped talking mid sentence. "Did you hear that?" Eliza whispered. She heard a stick break from behind them. "Will you knock it off Liza? We've made it very clear that I'm scared." Alexander sighed. Another stick broke. Eliza moved closer to Alexander. "I'm not kidding Alex. Something's following us." Eliza said with wide eyes. This time Alexander heard it too. They both turned around and Alex picked up a rock and stood in front of Eliza.

The noise was coming from a bush, and it was getting closer. Alexander had the rock in the air, ready to throw. Then a turtle slowly crawled out of the bush. "Oh." Alexander nervously chuckled, dropping the rock.

Eliza felt someone put their hand on her shoulders. "You're scared of turtles?" They whispered to her. She turned around and slapped them. "Hey!" The guy exclaimed as he fell face first. Alexander turned around and looked at the guy. "Laurens?" He asked. The man flopped onto his back. "Yeah?" Eliza looked back and forth between the two. "You guys know each other?" She yelled. "Duh." Laurens said rubbing his face. "Your girlfriend has one hell of a punch, Hamilton." He got up and chuckled. Alexander blushed. "Uh yeah, we aren't-" Laurens walked over to the turtle and picked it up. "Hi Shelly!" Laurens cooed. Alexander and Eliza turned toward each other. "You cause a scene, and I'll escape." Eliza mouthed to him. Alexander shook his head.

"So John. This is Eliza, my friend." He told him. "Ah. Pleasure to meet you." John said putting the turtle down and putting a hand out. He put it down when Eliza didn't reach out to shake his hand.

"So. John. What're you doing out here?" Alexander asked. "Well, it's a long story." He chuckled. Eliza opened her mouth to say something but she closed it when Alexander gave her a look.

Alex smiled at John. "Well, we've got plenty of time."

Ew this is so cringy.
I don't even know what I'm doing
oof