Prologue: A Real Man

"[Y/n]" three voices in unison called out.

        Everything was blurry, but I could tell three figures were in front of me, varying in shape and color, which helped me tell them apart. Starting from the left, this figure seemed to have fluffy blonde hair and a fire in his heart that can't seem to control itself. Still, the extreme heat radiating from it made me feel warm inside, careful not to burn me.

        The next figure was a bit shorter in stature with curly green hair. What seems to be shaped like a heart was glowing with gold, it was almost blinding, though, it gave a euphoric feeling. I couldn't describe how much joy I felt looking into his heart of gold.

        Last, but not least was a figure at the height of the first one. His hair was shorter and neater than the others, a mix of red and white. With him was a little orb of darkness, it made me feel safe as well as curious. What could this orb be hiding? It was too dark for me to see through it.

        All three of them reached out to me.

        "[Y/n]," they would say again. "I love you."

        With a jolt, my body throws itself up from the comfort of my bed. My heartfelt heavy as it was beating fast, there was cold sweat running down my back, and the hair on my neck was standing up. "What the hell was that?" I managed to say between my uneven breaths.

        I couldn't remember what exactly the dream was about, besides the heavy feeling in my chest and... "[Y/n]...I love you." I shivered, only remembering those words. No one has spoken my actual name and has told me they loved me since my mom died.

        Sighing, I realized I can't go back to sleep with how badly my heart was aching. Leaving the comfort of my bed, I make my way to the bathroom to get ready for today, although it was just five in the morning I decided some quirk practice wouldn't hurt. My old man had been scolding me to go practice lately if I wanted to apply to U.A. saying I wasn't a real man if I didn't give the exam my all.

        Thinking about my old man ruined my whole morning. I eyed the mirror, looking at my reflection. My eyes glazed over my [color] hair, remembering the time it used to reach down to my back, but now...

        Lifting my hand, I went and touched the tips of the hair, which ended around my chin. "It's long now... I should trim it a bit." I mumbled. It wasn't what I wanted. Honestly, I wish it could grow, grow way down to the bottom of my back. I would be able to style it in so many different ways... but no, my old man told me my hair would only get in my way of becoming stronger.

        I then looked at my facial expression. Why do I look so mad? What's with the emptiness in my eyes? I remembered when my eyes twinkled, and my smile would light up the whole room. What happened to me?

        And then I remembered what happened nine years ago. After my mother had up and died, she left me all alone with the old man. He never told me what killed her, only that she died because she was a woman...

        "[Y/n]." My dad called out to me, breaking me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him and saw that he had a certain look on his face, a look of determination. I let go of the hand-made slingshot that I had recently created and placed it on the floor gently, careful not to break it. "I need to talk to you."

        Nodding, I scooted closer to him. Realizing that I wouldn't stand up from the floor, he kneels down in front of me. "Did I do something wrong?" I asked, remembering all the other times' mom or dad would ask to talk to me was because I did something terrible.