Chapter 3: Getting Around

"You better get higher than 10th place next time you get ranked!" my old man yelled out as I walk out the car. This is what happens when you tell your parents about your day, they'll use something from it to nag you till death. And right now, I prefer death. Though from the conversation, I realized I placed 10th place twice in a row already, and I hope I could achieve something higher.

        I walked up my way to the entrance of U.A., hoping my second day of school wouldn't be as traumatizing as my first. Remembering the way Deku showed me to the classroom, I managed to get there early. Entering the class I realized barely anyone was here. 'Wow, I really am early.' My eyes scanned the room, and within the small number of early students, I spot Todoroki.

        Remembering his attitude from yesterday really makes me just want to bother him, it's karma for having a bad attitude! Smirking, I walk over to him, and he notices me and gives me a frown. "Hey, Todoroki! Watcha up to?" I greeted him.

        He gave me a deadpan face and looked away, not wanting to make eye contact. "Dealing with the headache you're giving me," he remarked.

        I looked at him in shock, also slightly impressed. That was a fine line to drive me away, but I have a heart of iron. "That's odd, I was told that my presence felt as if it was healing them." I joked.

        "Well, they lied, you give the opposite effect," he stated coldly. But it was funny, and so I laughed while he gave me an odd stare wondering why I would be laughing at an insult directed at me.

        After I calmed myself down from laughing, I ask: "Do you know you're a funny guy?"

        Once again, he just gave me an odd look wondering what the hell was wrong with me. "Why are you bothering me so much? What do you want from me?" he questioned.

        "Well, I told you, yesterday man, I wanna hang out, you seem like a chill dude. Literally." I laughed at my own joke, he just sighed and shook his head. But I heard a slight chuckle, maybe he's warming up to me.

         People started to pile in the classroom. Checking my phone, I realized that class started in two minutes. "Aw man class starts soon, I'll talk to you later kay'?"

        As I moved towards my seat, I hear him mumble under his breath. "Please don't." I chuckle to myself, knowing that he's totally gonna not be able to escape from my will for him to be my friend. I'm gonna make him spill all the secrets of being strong, and I'm going be the best in the class to prove my old man wrong.

        While lost in thought of being the best, a pro-hero walks in and starts class. Confusingly so apparently hero classes don't start until noon. It was sort of pleasant that there were standard classes as well. I guess a good hero is a knowledgeable hero.

        After listening and taking notes, as dull as it is, lunch finally came around! Deku, Iida, and Uraraka caught up to me as I was following the crowd into the cafeteria. "Man, I'm so hungry right now," I say.

        "Me too, the lessons were long and made me hungry," Uraraka says. "I wonder what kind of food they're serving!" she looked as if she's was drooling.

         "I'm sure it would be the best of the best! This is the most prestigious hero academy of course." Iida pledged. He wasn't wrong, with how rich this school is buying expensive robots to destroy, they would most likely have the best foods.

        Deku then spoke up. "Today really feels way too normal for this school. Like it feels kind of disappointing," he mentions. And I full-heartedly agreed with him.