Chapter 11

________
Though I'll only see you in my dreams

You'll never know just

what your memory means to me
________

Morgan huddled herself under her blanket. The loud booming noise of the storm outside her window scared her. The lights flashing didn't seem natural to her. She hated thunderstorms. They were loud, bright and  scary for an eight year old girl. Especially one who had just been through an explosion of her own. One that rip her hand off. The thunder caused her to think of the explosion. Her arm ached at the thought. It hadn't been that long, just a month. Another loud boom caused her to squeak and pull the blanket over her head. The flash shown through her curtains and her blanket. That was it there was no way she was staying in bed. She climbed off of it and made her way into the Avengers compound hallway, her blanket trailing off her shoulders and behind her as she walked. Another boom and she jumped hitting the wall. It made a decent noise and she shushed it. The door next to it opened and out came a tired Peter. He frowned and yawned when he saw her.

"Morgan what's wrong?" He asked. She didn't answer, instead she hugged his legs.

"Can I sleep with you?" She asked, it was muffled from the fabric of his pants. He wasn't the person she was going for but it worked out. She loved Peter. He bent to pick up her up.

"Of course, are you okay?" He asked, bringing her inside his room.

"The thunder is loud." She said. "It's scary." Peter smiled and hugged her as he placed her on the bed. He climbed into the bed next to her and got under his covers.

"It's okay." He said. "It's your uncle Thor." She tilted her head and peaked out from her blanket.

"Uncle Thor?" She asked. She had met him once at the funeral, she didn't remember him much. "Why is he so loud?" She said as she scrunched up her nose. Another boom came in and she curled up in Peter's arms. He laughed.

"He's loud in person too. The thunder is the sound of the lighting." He said. "And the lighting in him checking in on us. He waves to make sure we know he's there."  She pulled away a bit and frowned.

"Where is he now?" She asked. Peter smiled.

"In space. He's with the Guardians of the Galaxy." He told her. "He's protecting earth from space along with other planets." Morgan lit up and sat up.

"Really?" She asked. He nodded.

"Yep." She looked awe and climbed over to the window on the wall that Peter's bed was pressed up against. Another lighting strike and this time she waved back.

"I want to meet him." She said as she curled back into Peter's bed.

"Hey Pepper?" Peter asked one morning.

"Hmm?" She hummed not looking up from the break fast she was making Morgan who was still asleep.

"Do you remember the storm we had a few days ago?" He asked.

"Yeah, it almost blew out a window back in the city." She said.