18|Adiya

Unedited

Zoya

In next five hours both the kids were up and ready for the day . They finished with their breakfast and were now playing in the living room quietly . I presented Sid his first flower crown I made especially for him . And his eyes light up as I placed it on his head and cried for me to see the mirror. Once he saw himself in it he smiled so big bending forward tapping the mirror and cheered. He then kissed my cheek making my heart warm and uttered his first sentence to me which was somewhat broken and came something like "Vove yub Zozo" and I kissed him back .

He is too cute .

After that Sara was all annoyed that Sid got the flower crown and attention begging me to pick her by jumping on her seat . I placed similar kisses all over her face making her giggle and laugh .

God I love kids .

I placed her beside her brother surrounded with toys and got to work . I decided what better way to start the day than doing some research. I double checked if they were safe and hurried upstairs to Aditya's room were he said laptop would be .

This is the first time I saw Aditya's room and it was pleasant . Sure it was neat and tidy with all the blankets arranged neatly on the bed and not a speck of dirt on the furniture in the room , which consisted of a sofa and chair with small glass table , a wardrobe and bed. But it had his smell too- it was calm and pleasing .I can surely say the room was definitely his not that I assumed it to be messy .

I got the laptop sitting on the floor near the kids as they played in the corner . I placed all the papers Aditya gave me removing them from my satchel , then handled with charger plugging it in the nearest point. I was about to sit down ready to start when Sara crawled towards me calling "Zo Zoaa " I think she is still deciding which suited me more or to which I react the best .

She tapped her tummy giving me an idea what she was crying and pouting about . But I wanted her to say it "Are you hungry Sara ?" I asked and she nodded his head making me pick her up placing on my lap.

"Say you are hungry Sara , now c'mon say it " I urged her to talk hoping to get some words out . I reached the dining table and placed her on top of it .

"I am not going to give you any food . Tell me you are hungry " like that we both went on for sometime with her saying "Zo Zoaaa ..." ...."Daddy" and I know she was going to cry but I used it to my advantage "Say you are hungry and I will call Daddy "

She was jumping up making grabby hands but I refused to pick her . I picked up the phone and put it on my ear and then away shaking my head telling her I am not going to back out .

After five cries she finally said "hungly Zo- Sa-ra hungly " and smiled at my mini progress kissing and cuddling her. She giggled loudly to my relief as I thought I indeed have to call Aditya .

"Now Sara you are always going to say 'I am hungry' when you want food okay?" she nodded her head quickly although I am not sure how much she understood.

I quickly placed her in her seat and then Sid as he was standing balancing himself on the wall slightly scared but hopeful look in his eyes. I made funny noises as I grabbed some fruits and decided to give them a fruit salad , something healthy and different .

As their small lunch went I came to know they knew some fruits and were good with identifying different vegetables although it was hard for them to spell things sometimes ,but it was better than nothing .

-

It was two o'clock in the afternoon when I was finally free from most of the house work. They both refused to sleep in their room and I figured out maybe they missed their daddy. I got soft pillows and blankets and laid it on the floor for them to sleep . They played and soon got tired cuddling to each other. I wished at the time like this I could have phone ,the sight was picture worthy .