CASE 05 - MONSTER

"I think there is someone praying for someone, I can slightly hear the love poem that was written in silence; I wish it flies to you and arrives to your place in time."

- Love Poem, IU

/school bell/

The students got up quickly as they made their way to the door. It was lunch break but Shannon stayed in her seat, sketching. Fatima looked at what Shannon was sketching, she smiled, "What map is that?" Shannon looked up to see Fatima, "It," she answered as she smiled. "It?" Fatima asked, looking confused.

"Can I sit at your seat?" Aliana asked Fatima. "Sure, yeah," Fatima answered as she walked away, trying to think of what It was. Aliana sat down and saw Shannon's sketch. "You figured out anything?" Aliana asked as she prepared lunch.

Shannon's POV

"They still haven't found any leads," Aliana told me as she ate lunch in front of me. I looked at the sketch I drew, showing the bar and...

"You... also went there... last night." I recalled Aliana telling me how I went to the crime scene, the place where Jonathan lost his life. Why did I go there again?

I saw the yellow police line, the forensics had probably already taken all possible evidences they could gather, well, except for the weapon used - the syringes. I also saw the CCTV camera that caught Jonathan going here, the bar's smoking area. The bar was not big and well-known, it was a bar usually visited by students and minors.

I looked around, in circles. It looked like a dead end to most people, just a closed area intended for people who smoke. I stopped going in circles and pushed what was in front of me. It was a dead end, not until you move the obstacles blocking the way, I meant a large garbage bin and wheeled cabinet, revealing a passageway.

End of Shannon's POV

"Hey, you're spacing out again," Aliana told Shannon as she looked at her friend who was in deep thought. Shannon blinked slowly, she smiled at her asking, "Can you come with me to the hospital later after class?"

"I'll look around," Shannon told Aliana who was seated in the waiting area with her laptop on her lap. Shannon took a photo of the hospital map and continued walking around. "Processing," Aliana said to herself as she hacked into the hospital's network and system.

Shannon ended up finding the place she was looking for, the hospital's mortuary, upon following the map where the passageway led to. "This must be it..." she whispered to herself, looking at the steel door, then at the surveillance camera installed on the ceiling. "I doubt if there's one inside," Shannon uttered as she walked closer to touch the steel door. She was about to slide open the door when someone called her attention.

"Where are you going?" It was a lady's voice. Shannon smiled as she turned around to see to whom that voice belonged to. Shannon looked at the lady nurse standing in front of her with her hands both in her pockets. "That's restricted area you're going in to," the nurse told her.

Shannon smiled, "I'm terribly sorry. I was actually going to check if someone's inside," she apologized. "What is it that you need?" The nurse asked. "We have a project and I was assigned to interview someone who works at the mortuary," Shannon answered straightforwardly.

Shannon's phone rang after she answered the nurse's question. It was Aliana. "Were you able to talk to the hospital admin? I'm on my way back," Shannon hanged up. "We'll talk to the hospital admin first. I just came to check the area," she said as she smiled and walked away.

Aliana was looking at her laptop's screen as she held onto her phone. "Well, that was quick," she uttered as she watched the nurse enter the mortuary. "Does she work at the mortuary?" Aliana asked. Shannon met with Aliana at the exit as they walked out of the hospital, "Julie Han," she told Aliana.