Confession

About a week later, you were sorting out a few weapons that you had found on the planet and were putting them in a locker for safe keeping in case any of the Necromorphs the Hive Mind told you about decided to attack you. You hadn’t come across them yet but that was because Natalie told you they resided in the lower levels of the planet. Your little brother crawled down from the wall and onto your back, gurgling and rubbing his head against you. You reached back and patted his head with a smile, before you put all the weapons in the lockers and closed the door. Your mum walked in and saw your little brother crawling up onto your head. She couldn’t help but laugh before she took your little brother back into her arms. You patted his head making him gurgle in happiness.

“He keeps disappearing into the vents. He’s going to get himself killed in a second if he isn’t careful”, your mum said in exasperation. You shrugged in uncertainty.

“Guess he really wants to spend time with me”, you replied.

“It’s a possibility”, your mum said and you hugged her before she left with your little brother. You finished off what you were doing and went to go talk to Leah. You found her floating around in a zero gravity section of the structure doing flips. Smiling you glided over to her and touched her tail, making her gasp before she looked at you.

“Don’t sneak up on me like that!”, she said with slight anger. You chuckled.

“Yeah but where’s the fun in that?”, you asked her as you two floated around. She wrapped her tail around you and began bouncing off the walls. You held onto her back as she bounced, not wanting to fall off and risk getting hurt by hitting your head.

“Hey Leah can I tell you something?”, you asked her. She stopped bouncing on the walls and looked at you.

“Sure, anything”, she said. You took a deep breath and sighed.

“I think I have a crush on Natalie. She saved my life a few times before I met you. I got shot by my own people and Natalie saved my life with a medical kit, seemingly knowing her stuff. Not to mention she’s been nothing but kind and thoughtful this whole time. I think I’m in love with her”, you said, making her eyes widen.

“I think she likes you too. These last few days, she’s been embarrassed to say anything regarding you other than that she hopes you’re doing ok”, she replied in concern. You decided to go talk to her. Leah helped you get back to the door. As a Leaper she was able to make gaps much faster than you were. When you two had gotten out of the zero gravity room, she put you onto the ground.

“Hey Leah can you go let Natalie know I wanna talk to her? I don’t know where she would be”, you asked her and she nodded.

“I’m on it”, she replied before heading into a vent and disappearing. You headed to your room, which wasn’t all that comfortable but it was a place to sleep at times, to practise how to confess to Natalie. Suddenly your sister came running in.

“Y/N, Natalie’s in trouble. There are these two that are flirting with her and one even tried to take off her shirt. I told her to head your way. Get one of those weapons you stored, that should drive them away”, she said in a panicked voice. You gasped and ran to grab the Ripper you had found. You hid behind a badly broken door watching Natalie and what looked like another type of Slasher running from two Pukers, with a male Exploder and a male Twitcher trying to protect them. The Exploder tried to hold them off but the Puker simply hit the explosive on his arm, causing the Exploder to be blown apart. 

“Looks like we got these sweet things cornered. Once we get this twitching bastard out of the way, no one's gonna stop us from getting a rush”, one of the Pukers said with a laugh. You weren’t taking this anymore. Right as the Pukers were about to attack the Twitcher, you kicked the door several times, eventually kicking it apart, making everyone look at you.