Prologue: The Sacrifice

13 hours ago...

Arxian Zeldon was pissed when he left his father's office. Hands on his jean's pocket, he kicked the trashcan closest to his feet on the hallway before walking off.

He looked back again, annoying him even more when three men in black was two meters far but still following him on his way. "Stop following me! What the fuck's wrong with you!" He snapped.

The three didn't stop as expected. As if they'll stop because the young master ordered him to? They only followed orders from the big boss himself. Rolling his eyes, he decided to ignore the three strangers behind him.

Getting out with such ease, he was welcomed by the car outside, stopping as the other guard opened the door for him. Entering casually at the back seat he took out his phone, earphones tucked into his ears as he began playing.

It was just a typical day for him. Arguing with his father as soon as he reach his father's office, cursing and shouting about him having guards and his curfew at nine. He wasn't a girl, but wasn't treated any less. A paranoid father who's done countless of misdeeds but now worries that his son might get entangled with his misfortunes. Pathetic.

As the vehicle went further away into the city lights, Arxian started feeling uncertain. He stopped playing on his phone and looked outside with a frown. The trees are thick, the road was bumpy and the sky was dark. Why? He thought he left just on a bright afternoon. The sky gloomed and soon lead into an outburst of heavy rain.

"Where the hell are you taking me?" He asked. His panic starting to kick in.

The driver--one of the men in black suit-- peeked into the rearview mirror, his eyes hidden in shades. "Shortcut, young master. It was quite a long traffic and the boss wanted us to get back home soon as possible." He replied.

"Fuck the shortcuts, go back. I don't like walking to unfamiliar areas." He leaned on the back of his seat full of caution. One thing he's sure is it's no shortcut to home, and if there is, the car would explode from traps for security reasons.

He faced his phone again, prepared to dial his butler's number. Much to his relief, it was answered in no time. Pretending to be clueless of what the man is planning, he acted like he was continuing his game. "Why aren't you going back? I told you I don't want this fucking short cut." He asked.

"There's a turning point just a couple of meters away. Calm down young master, we'll be turning back." The chauffeur replied calmly.

"Why not turn now? There's no car passing. The road is wide. You can't even do that? This is fucking nowhere, I can't relax in this roadway." He complained.

"Just a little more patience, young master. I can't afford to turn the car when there's a surveillance." He countered.

Xian almost wanted to hiss in irritation. He's obviously deceiving him. The idiot might have been thinking that he's the stupid one to believe his lie. They all think so. After all, they thought that he's still a kid at the age of 17.

He frowned. Thinking what to do next. Anytime soon, his companions might be on the next curve of the road or even just behind them. He needed to escape while the person he's with is still alone in front, defenseless and busy. However, as soon as he thought he could outsmart the man looking back at him, a sense of dizziness hit his system.

"What... what the fuck did you do?!" The boy leaned forward, his body emitting how his body had weaken as he grabbed the man's shoulder. The surrounding started turning into  blur and slowly, he fell out of consciousness...

***
13 hours later...

Seven hundred seventy seven years of the seventh month of the seventh day of the seventh hour of the seventh second, rang the bell of the tallest tower in the underworld. The supernatural began to turn their heads to the sound's origin as the heavens above the tower created a fog, circling clouds that signifies a rebirth of soul. Lightning began to cause sparks around it.