chapter thirty-two

Updated: July 22, 2015

Revised: July 2020

-Louis-

"I don't fucking care what it takes! Find them!" I screamed, barging into the kitchen. "Lou we've looked everywhere. They're nowhere to be found." Gunnar informed me, as he placed a hand on my shoulder attempting to calm me down. To his misfortune, this only angered me further and I slapped his hand away. "Search harder, further! Whatever it takes. I want them back!" I roared. Gunnar's eyes widened, and he quickly sprinted out of the room. Running a hand through my hair, I angrily bit down on my lip. I heard the door creak open from behind me, and peering over my shoulder I watched as Harry sulked into the kitchen. "Can I help you?" I snapped, still not turning to face him. "It's um, it's just that.." Harry trailed off. "Just what Harry?" I questioned, trying to calm myself down. "That girl we captured in the woods last week...she's gone as well." 

Feeling my eyes darken, I spiraled around. "So not only is my mate gone! But the girl we were going to use as bait is gone too." "Yes." Harry nodded, his tone hushed. Rolling my eyes, I wearily rubbed my temples. "Is there any good news?" I asked, just wanting to hear something that would lighten the mood. "Well uh, we did track Isabella's scent a couple miles out. We've come to the conclusion that they were aimed North, to where the road into town leads." "Perfect. Send a search party." I ordered. Nodding his head, Harry went to exit the room, but I caught his wrist. "And Harry." "Yeah?" He asked, turning to look at me. "Make sure you find them. You may do whatever is necessary." I smirked. Nodding his head, I released my hold on him. "Oh trust me Lou. We will."

-Annabella-

I don't know how long it had been, but I eventually gained consciousness. Bringing my hands up to my head, I rubbed my temples trying to rid of the headache I had. As my eyes opened further, I noticed that I was in a room I hadn't seen before. Sitting up on the bed I was on, I frantically looked around the room trying to find any route of escape. As my eyes landed on a door, a smile appeared on my lips. Jumping up from my place on the bed, I sprinted to the door and was surprised when it actually opened. Quietly walking into the hallway, I scoped the place to make sure I wasn't being watched. After seeing nothing, I made a quick dart for the front door. Of course though it was locked, and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't seem to open the door. "Trying to escape now, are we?" A voice from behind me spoke. Turning around, I pressed my body up against the front door. There he stood, just a couple of feet in front of me. "N-no." I stuttered, looking around the large room. "Really? Because it sure looked like it." He snickered, taking a few steps toward me. My eyes widened, and looking around I quickly picked up a shoe and waved it around. "Don't come any closer. I-I don't wanna hurt you." I beckoned, trying to sound brave. "Oh please princess, you can't hurt me. And with what? A shoe?" He scoffed, raising an eyebrow and folding his arms across his chest. "I can still hurt you." I shakily stated. "Well I can do the same back." Feeling my stomach drop, I let the shoe fall from my hands.

At this his expression lightened, and he raised his hands in defense. "Don't worry though, I don't plan on it." "Then explain to me why you knocked me out." I snapped, narrowing my eyes at him. "I didn't. You did that on your own." he stated. "Oh yeah? Prove it" I beckoned. "Umm okay, you saw me, dropped your rock, began hyperventilating, and then you passed out." "I still don't believe you." I snarled. "Really, because your mind says otherwise." He chuckled. "Don't do that!" I yelled, covering my ears. "Not my fault your thoughts are so loud." "Yes it is! You can choose not to read them, but you still do!" I snapped, my face fuming. Rolling his eyes at me, he leaned up against the wall. "Whatever Anna. I'm going to go make us some dinner. Why don't you take a shower, get dressed, and then come see me when you're ready to talk. There's some stuff we need to discuss," "Fine." I scowled. "There is a shower in the room you woke up in. I'll put some clean clothes on the bed, and then meet you in the kitchen when you're ready." Fucking asshole. I hated him "Fine, but I swear to god if you try anything." I snapped. "What are you going to do? I'm already dead anyways." He laughed. Rolling my eyes, I pushed myself off of the door and walked into the bedroom.