Back of the bus, back of his mind

Scene: You're best friends with the squad (Garrett, Andrew, Shane, Ryland and Morgan) And you're currently on the back of a bus sat next to Andrew. Ryland is the driver (maybe imagine it's their Texas trip but with a minibus instead of an RV)

Fluffy Stuff :)

You have always adored everything about him, from his stupid grin, or his laugh that sounds like that of another entity. You were definitely falling. Not in love, you promise. you hope at least.

You're on a trip with the squad. A few minutes after a yawn passed around like the Mexican wave; Shane, Morgan and Garrett were passed out. Ryland was driving, and he was wide awake. God knows how he does it, he just does. It always amused everyone how he could be the first one awake and the last one to sleep, but I guess he doesn't really need a lot of sleep to function... Well, that and his 87 Starbucks every single day.

The front of the bus was seperated from the seating in the back, so you and Andrew were pretty isolated not long after everyone had passed out.

"Hey, Y/N, you awake" Andrew asks,  his Chicago accent still echoing through his whisper, in an attempt to not wake everyone up 

"yeah, hey." you respond, keen to persue a conversation. You weren't very good at sleeping whilst moving, so the idea that someone was suffering through it with you made you feel at ease

Andrew smiles and looks into your eyes "hey" he says,

"wanna watch a movie?" Andrew asks

You wait the 'appropriate' amount of time, you didn't want to seem too keen to spend time with him.

Nothing had ever happened between you two before. Your friends notice the subtle flirting and they make jokes about how they "ship" you two together, but you never really acknowledged it. I mean, deep down you knew that and you sure as hell shipped (your ship name) too. It was nice knowing there would be support if  something were to ever happen to you

You not "whatcha wanna watch" you say informally, still whispering but your British accent, the one which Andrew always found mesmerising, poked through

Andrew suggested the Breakfast Club, mainly because it was the only movie downloaded on his macbook, as the rural countryside you all were driving through had no signal. anywhere.

Andrew has one earbud, whilst you had the other. It felt strangely intimate, despite the fact you were only joined by a thin wire... But it still was enough to make the butterflies hatch out their cucoons in your stomach.

You begin to yawn, which makes Andrew chuckle a little and he bends over to his bag, to which he pulls out a massive blanket. He knew you'd always start to shiver when you're tired. He knew things like that about you. He lifted his laptop up, covered you in half the blanket, and cuddled himself up in the other. This made you smile a little bit. It was nice.

Andrew wiggled his hand a little bit. You were confused, maybe he just had an itch or something.

Every so often, he'd look up at you and smile. But the funny thing is I don't think he knew that in the corner of your eye, you were looking right back at him. Every time he smiled, or even breathed in your direction all you wanted to do was kiss him, hold him, call him your own. You wanted him.

The movie promptly finished and you smiled "i love that movie" you declared, tiredness prominent in your voice.

"are you gonna sleep now?" Andrew asks

You shake your head, "i can't sleep whilst moving it makes me feel uneasy"

Andrew nodded "yeah same" he said. "so... What are we gonna do for the next two hours before we arrive at the hotel?"

You shrugged your shoulders, but doing so caused your hands to move a little and you accidentally brushed against his hands.

You awkwardly smile. "sorry" you giggle. Andrew smiles but doesn't say anything. He doesn't need to... You can tell that he forgives you... I mean it'd be weird if he didn't

You snuggle up in the blankets a little, as does Andrew

you sit in silence for about five minutes, both exhausted but unable to quench that exhaustion by having a much deserved nap. 

Suddenly, your hands felt warmer. it took you a few seconds to realise what was going on... Andrew was holding your hand. It was warm, but not in a clammy way, just the right heat that your cold hands wouldn't be freezing hands.

A million things were rushing through your head. Every single one of those things was corellated to andrew. Sure, it sounds cliché but he was your world. Your head, your life, it all revolved around Siwicki.

you swap your hand around so now you're fully holding his hand

You wished this moment could last forever.

The next thing you know, sun was rising. You woke up in a hotel bed with Andrew alongside you

"damn. must have fallen asleep" you think.