chapter 2

HER HANDS trembled violently

HER HANDS trembled violently. Blood splattered her clothes and skin, the gun she used shoved in the back of the vehicle she stole. The car barely fit three people, which withered away at the claustrophobic feeling that bagged her. The police would most definitely trace the vehicle within the next hour or so, which have her all the more urge to flee. Go and never look back. 

She arrived upon a quaint city that held little shops and attractions on every corner. The neon lights inside the 24-hour stores flickered, inviting the woman to come closer. Her stomach begged for food, protesting with noises and nauseous feelings. She knew that there was no hope for food this evening, so the woman made her stop beside one of the cafes, hunkering down beside a dumpster.

She sighed, not with regret or sadness, but with a temporary sense of content as she looked at the setting sun in front of her. Her whereabouts were unknown for now, and she'd like to keep it that way. She had been locked away in a cold and damp chamber for who knows how long, being studied every day of her life. Her captors were determined to extract what she contained: immortality. She knew that she couldn't age, nor die unless extreme damage was given to her. 

Her hands trembled as she clasped them together. Her curse was frightening, and she wanted to get out of his nightmare before it came to the bad ending.

🕊

"Thank you for your purchase! Come again!" Moonbin said, winking at the young customer. She grinned, taking her purchase before leaving. As the door closed, Moonbin's coworker made gagging noises, mocking the boy.

"A wink? Seriously?" The younger coworker scoffed. He had only been working at the cafe for a few months, but had already learned that the older was a massive flirt with the female customers.

Moonbin chuckled. "At least can do that without getting all flustered and embarrassing myself," he said, playfully punching the boy's shoulder. "You should head home, Sanha. It's nearly eleven and the bus shuts down soon," he added, "I'll worry about locking up."

Sanha thanked Moonbin, stopping at the door. "See you on Saturday! Can't wait for Jinwoo to beat your ass at monopoly."

"Tell him he's going down," the older joked. Sanha had left for the night, leaving the cafe empty and quiet. Moonbin had nearly finished cleaning up, but one chore still remained: the trash. His least favorite job of the night, especially since it was filled with rotting food. He stepped outside, tossing into the bin.

He was about to head back inside, that is, until he saw something unfamiliar. There was a leg sticking out from beside the dumpster. "Hello?" He called out cautiously, prepared to fight off some drunk brute. 

It definitely wasn't a brute. A woman. He dialled the most recent number on his phone, his best friend Dongmin.

"Min, I need your help, like, right now. There's an unconscious woman outside of the cafe."

"Shit.. okay, I'll be there in ten. Get her inside."

Moonbin turned off his phone phone, sighing as he began to drag the girl inside the cafe. He knew there was something off, but he put it aside and focused on the weak woman that was now in his care.