off to the dwarves

Y/n and Remiru sat in silence, their eyes meeting with a hint of tension. The silence was broken when Remiru spoke up first.

Remiru: "I'm not a bad slime, slurp."

Y/n chuckled in response.

Remiru: "So, you got that reference?"

Y/n replied confidently, "Of course I did. I'm a gamer, after all. I was the best there was."

Remiru speculated, "A gamer, huh? Let me guess, did you die at the age of 40 too?"

Y/n corrected him, saying, "No, actually, I died at 18 in a car crash."

Remiru exclaimed, "What the hell! You died at such a young age, and on top of that, you got a hot bod!"

Y/n simply smiled and nervously rubbed the back of his head, a small sweat drop appearing on the side of his face. Honestly, he felt lucky to have his new form, but he had no idea how it happened.

Y/n explained, "Yeah, I guess I was just lucky. By the way, I hope my friend wiped my computer."

Remiru teased, "Oh~ Did you have something dirty on there?"

Y/n denied, "No, of course not. Just some elf girls and... oni girls."

Remiru laughed, relieved to find someone else who had been reincarnated into the same world. Y/n blushed when Remiru looked at him.

Y/n protested, "Hey, don't look at me like that. I was just..."

Remiru reassured him, "No, it's fine. I see you're a man of culture."

Grima chimed in, "'I've seen your memories. You better hope no one sees your browser history."

Y/n scolded, "Hey, don't you know that's rude?"

Y/n let out a long sigh and turned to Remiru, who was still chuckling to himself.

Y/n continued the conversation, saying, "So, you're a slime running this village after saving them from direwolves."

Remiru confirmed, "Yep."

Y/n and Remiru left the tent and to Y/n's surprise, they found themselves in a small village. However, the clothing of the villagers and even Y/n himself was a bit revealing. Y/n had very little clothing, only what the Goblinas had given him. When Y/n looked back at the buildings, they seemed to be falling apart.

Y/n remarked, "Remiru, if I were an inspector, I would fine you."

Remiru agreed, "Yeah, I would too."

Y/n turned to Rigurd and asked, "Do you ever trade?"

Rigurd answered, "Yes, we do. We trade with the dwarves."

Remiru exclaimed, "You mean the masters of crafts!"

Rigurd noticed Remiru's knowledge and added, "Oh, so you know about them. The dwarven kingdom is a two-month journey, but with the help of the Tempest Wolves, it shouldn't take long."

Y/n excitedly added, "That's great, Remiru! If we negotiate well, we can find people to come to the village and help."

Remiru agreed, saying, "Right. Who among us has been there before?"

Gobata spoke up, saying, "I have."

With that, Remiru and Y/n mounted the Tempest Wolves to embark on their journey. Y/n glanced back at the other goblins and noticed that they were all fine except for Gobata, who seemed plain. Y/n simply shrugged and continued moving forward. Time passed, and as night fell, the group gathered around a campfire, enjoying a meal of bulldeer.

Remiru turned to Gobata and inquired, "Gobata, you mentioned that you've been to the dwarf kingdom for trading."

Gobata replied, "Yes, my lord."

Curious, Y/n asked, "What's it like?"

Gobata stammered, "Um, well, its real name is the Armed Nation of Dwargon. The capital is a beautiful place built into a natural cave."

Gobata continued, "And it's not just dwarves; there are also elves and humans."

Y/n nodded in understanding, "I see, I see."

[Time skip]

Y/n dismounted from his direwolf and addressed the group, "While they hold down the fort, the three of us will go in."

Remiru agreed, saying, "Right, let's go."

The three of them walked down the path. Y/n observed his surroundings, noticing a long line of people of different races, big and small. They were all enjoying themselves until a group of rowdy humans appeared, causing trouble.

Y/n expressed his unease, saying, "I have a bad feeling about this."

(a/n: and scene i hope you enjoyed this chapter until next time