0.0

Hazell In MM

Thursday  August 8 2017

"Quiet."

"Senior year." I thought to myself. I was currently laying in my bed trying to get the motivation to get seeing as my alarm went off five minutes ago. If I didn't get up soon I knew I'd have to speed to school to avoid traffic and I didn't want that. So I finally got up and started to prepare for school.
Once I was ready I had only a few minutes to catch the bus. I peeked in my moms room and told her bye as she was getting my younger siblings ready to drop off at daycare. After I made my way outside and got in my car and drove off.
-

I sat in my first period waiting for the bell to ring so class can start. I always sit in the front of class because it makes it easier for me to focus. My school was really the typical high school it had all the normal cliques you see on the movies. I didn't see myself in a "clique" because I had literally only two friend's. My friends had many other friends whereas I just had them. I didn't let it affect me ever because having a great group of friends was over whelming all the different personalities, drama, and etc. I just liked the two minimum I had. They were two great friends at that. Totally different from me which I find weird. I had the same free period as them so we'd link up then.
-
As Mrs. Hanss continued on about the curriculum and how to pass her class I started to zone out and started making lil scribble scrabbles on my paper that she handed out. Finally this class was soon coming to end and the teacher said something that instantly drew me over the edge. "Alright class were going to introduce ourselves" she looked at the clock in the wall and she continued to speak" We don't have a lot time so each one of you are going to pick someone going next to introduce themselves. " I was slightly relieved because I'm truly invisible here which I loved. I was set on no one picking me. I feared being picked because I was boring their was nothing special about me. I was ordinary. Everyone knew each other excluding me so this was pointless. Someone who was extremely known was chosen next who went by Melo also known as LaMelo Ball got up and people instantly gave him the spotlight like always. "Well y'all know me" he said cheesing . People instantly started cheering and even so was Mrs. Hanss . I was always so caught off guard because why do people continuously are still star struct over him. He's been at Chino High school since freshman year. So what was the point to still fan girl over someone we see in person consistently. Like does it never get old? Well it was old to me. He a regular boy with great athletic skills that runs in his family. I honestly zoned out and stoped paying attention. I really must've tuned him out because Mrs. Hanns was calling my name trying to get my attention while I was back to my scribble scrabble. I looked back up at her and around at very one staring at me. Ms. Hazell ....Powell she said reading off attendance sheet. " she looked back up from the sheet and she confided to speak "Mr. Ball has chosen you to go next."
My heart started beating so fast so quick because all eyes were on me. "What do I say?" I thought to myself. I decided not to stand up to draw even more attention and finally thought of something. I turned to face the class and finally spoke up." Well Mrs. Hanss already said my government out loud ... but Incase you didn't hear I'm Hazell... I'm 18 ...I do track and field and that's it. Right after I was ready to pick someone else the bell rung. That shit should've rang when it was my turn I thought to myself. Everyone gathered their stuff as did I. I headed to my next period but I seen my two best friends together talking in the hallway. I decided to go ahead and speak to them for a minute or two.
"Heyyyyyy" I said breaking their conversation.
"Hayyyy Zell" Jessica spoke.
"Zelllllll" Genae dragging my name spoke out.
"Y'all it's senior year I'm so happy " I said smiling.
"Girl me too! " Genae said while Jessica nodded.
"Y'all wanna do something after school?"Jessica asked.
I instantly made a straight face seeing as I know where these plans would take place. Chino Hills always has a back to school bash for every year. Senior year was the wildest so I heard. I didn't go to the freshman or sophomore party just because but I went to the junior bash and it was very overwhelming. Like I had fun but I really just wanted to be home eventually. Everyone started to get sloppy drunk and drunk personalities are the worse.
"The senior one is really wild I heard " I said shaking my head.
"Yesss but ...this is senior year come on zell come out ... have fun ... your very....quiet."
Genae said.
Before I could react Jessica came in to fix what she was trying to explain.
"Zell your an introvert... is what Genae is trying to say... make some memories is all we're saying... your young and only in high school once."
I looked at them both and thought about it quickly.
How about this I'll meet y'all there and I'll be y'all designated driver. This way y'all can have all the fun you want and I have to come anyways cause I have to drive you.
They looked at each other smiling at me back nodded to the plans.
"Ight y'all I got to go to class I said."
We said our goodbyes and I made my way to class thinking about this Senior bash.
-
While in second period I conquered up a plan to go to the party . I decided that I'd link up with them when the party of almost over. I was satisfied with this plan.
The thing about me is I literally get drained being around a lot of people for a long period of time. That's why I hate crowds and anything social. Just too much energy. It literally will throw off mine. I don't know if I'm weird because of this but I've come to terms with who I am. This has caused me not to have a love life like at all. I don't entertain any one and vise versa. I look different from most girls because most of them here were like super girly. Whereas I had a tomboy style.
Track really didn't allow me to show out because practice was everyday and changing out of jeans was tiring itself. So I found sweats and sweatshirts as my new style. Also showing my body off wasn't my forte. It drew the wrong attention. Only time I showed my body was technically during my track meets because of my uniforms and during the summer on the beach or at a swimming pool.

My phone and Apple Watch vibrated at the same time. I looked at my watch indicating I had text message from Genae in or group chat.
GHJ🖤

GNae💚: oh yeah Zell it's a pool party so bring your swimming suit.
I just stared at the text through my watch becoming a lil more irritated about this party.
Replied with an "Ok" and continued to not listen Mr. Gates talk.
-

AUTHUR.s Note.

Hopefully this boldering caught your attention.
Ight is do y'all want more or. I gave y'all a preview because why write a story that might not get no attention. I'll introduce myself at the end of the next chapter if y'all want it though.
So with that...

||2 comments and 2 votes for next chapter.||