CHAPTER 4

Deric rented the nearest cinema to play his old movie. It was a love story between a serial killer and his lawyer. The movie was full of ups and downs. The movie ended with the protagonists getting married hours before the serial killer was executed.

Exiting the cinema, Deric noticed that Euri's expression seemed odd, "What's wrong?"

"…nothing… it's stupid." Euri shook her head.

Deric grabbed Euri's hand, "I want to know. You don't like the movie?"

Euri looked into Deric's eyes, "No! You were great… It's just… Seeing the wedding scene, I remembered Sophia. I just wondered if I'll be able to get married in the future as well… Will I be able to wear a wedding dress too?... Isn't that stupid of me? Hahahaha"

Deric returned her gaze and tightened his grip, "You will. You'll surely get married."

"Aren't we all the same age? I'm almost thirty. Who would marry me?" Euri said skeptically.

Deric answered her teasingly,  "I'm almost thirty as well and I'm not married yet."

Euri felt her cheeks burn a little. She avoided his teasing look, "I-I'm hungry. Let's go have lunch."

Deric only smiled while looking at her.

They spent the rest of the day going around the city. It was almost dark, so Deric grew a little concerned, "It's late. Where do you want to go next?"

Euri yawned and stretched her arms, "I'm feeling tired. Let's just go home."

When they arrived back at the mansion, Euri threw herself on the bed and fell asleep right away. She had a dream... a dream about her past...

---------------FLASHBACK--------------
Euri was born in an average family. She had loving parents and a  brother three years younger than her.

Her father was a taxi driver and her mother was a housewife. She was not able to have everything she wanted in life, but her parents always made sure she gets what she needed.

Euri remembered the day her brother was born. The whole family was overwhelmed. A small bundle of joy wrapped in a blanket laid in her mother's arms.

She was small herself and very curious. She poked her brother's cheek. Her brother unconsciously smiled and gripped her fingers.

She remembered how she felt back then, that soft and warm feeling. This tiny human is her little brother. He was even smaller than her. She felt the desire to protect him and love him with all her heart.

Euri's mother caressed her chubby cheek, "Do you like little Eun, Euri?"

"Wittle Eun… baby." Euri smiled widely.

Euri's father chuckled then patted her head, "Yes, he is. He is our little baby. Are you going to be a great older sister to him?"

Euri raised her tiny fist with determination on her face, "Euli will be besh sishter!"

That day... that one hospital room was filled with joyous laughter, as the family celebrated the birth of their newest member.

Eun was so cute back then. However, he grew up to be a little rebellious. A naughty troublemaker.

Euri recalled when she was only 12 years old while Eun was 9. Eun climbed the tree in their backyard, but he did not know how to get down. So Euri told him to jump into her arms. She admits that she was a dumb kid, but Eun was surely dumber... because without hesitation, Eun dived into her arms.

Euri broke her arm that day, while Eun only scratched his knee. Eun cried so hard. He felt guilty and sorry for his sister. They were also scolded by their parents. That day was so chaotic... but it was also a funny memory.
-----------FLASHBACK END--------------
Euri opened her eyes. She was happy... it was a happy memory... but her tears can't help but fall. She was longing for that happiness.

Euri continued to cry when suddenly the door opened.

Deric heard sobbing so he came to check on her, "What happened?"

"I dreamt about my family... I remember little pieces of my childhood memories." Euri said between sobs.

Deric tried to cheer her up, "That's great!... or was it a bad memory?... Did you dream anything about me?"

Euri shook her head, "I want to go to my old house tomorrow."

"Alright. Let's go together." Deric agreed as he left the room. He figured that Euri wanted to be alone and think things through.

The next morning, they were about to leave when Deric got a call from the company. There was an emergency so he had to take care of it. Unfortunately, they had to cancel their plans.