2.Charlie Swan

Hiyyaaa 2nd upload yayxxx I forgot to say this last time but it would mean alot to me if you voted up my book thanks :)

_________________________________________________________

2.CHARLIE SWAN

The car ride there was very tedious. How was I going to tell Charlie? It would break his heart, shatter it into one million peices- Renesmee and I are the only family he has! He of course has Edward and the rest of my family but blood is much more important to Charlie because he doesn't like to express his emotions...

The car came to a slow and everyone got out. Edward grabbed Renesmee's pink suitcase with crystals embroidered onto the side and grabbed my free hand as I willed myself to move forward. Nessie was in my left arm, her face snuggling into my shoulder.

Charlie answered the door on the first knock and welcomed us with a huge, gleaming smile.

"Nessie!" Charlie enthused as Renesmee practically ran into his leg.

"Grampa!"

Renesmee spoke little around Charlie and had learned to keep her intelligence hidden whilst she interacted with humans.

Edward sat down the suitcase and I realized i was smiling. I hadn't seen my father for weeks now and it was nice to see him so healthy and... glowing.

That glow would be gone in a few minutes though when Edward and I explain whats going on.

"So do I get a hug?" I asked, smiling big.

Charlie blushed a lush pink and stepped forward to wrap his arms around me into a awkward one-arm hug.

"Nice to see you again Charlie, how have you been?" Edward said, sparing me from the awquard silence.

"Just great, son."

I smiled. I loved seeing Charlie making an effort with Edward.

"Hey Renesmee? Why don't you head upstairs to unpack your suitcase?"

"Okay momma." Renesmee said as Edward scooped her up in one arm, grabbed the little suitcase with his free hand and walked upstairs.

Charlie put his hand lightly on my back and directed me to the living room. Nothing had changed since I left. The same lace curtains hung from the window, The pictures of my mother and me still stood on the shelf above the TV and the sofa still had that small hole i'd nagged him once to fix. The only difference was the tiny cabinet that used to hang on the wall in the corner. It was gone, replaced by another shelf with pictures of me and my family. It was a photo i'd given to him near christmas time last year. All of the Cullens including me, were in the picture. I felt oddly touched at how close Charlie had gotten to his extended family.

I went to sit in the loveseat and Charlie sat opposite me in the faded armchair. It was his favorite seat. Then Edward casually walked into the room and I swooned. He still made me feel like a lovesick teenager that has a crush on the male model in VOUGE magazine. I smiled his crooked smile, the one I loved to see him wear the most and he kissed me on top of the head before occupying the seat next to me.

"So..." Charlie began. "What are you kids up to these days?"

"Nothing much, no family drama or anything."

A puzzled look clouded my father's face because of what i'd said but was quickly replaced by a 'probably-none-of-my-business-anyway' look.

He 'harumphed' then shrugged.

Edward spoke next. "Well, we actually have some news."

Charlie's eyes widened slightly and he leaned forward, interested.

"An amazing business oppurtunity has presented itself and I have accepted it but it means me and my family moving to Alaska. To Fairbanks actually."

Charlie looked at me and Edward trying to figure out what to say. But what could he say? My dead heart ached for a breif moment as I thought back to when Edward had left me alone in the woods. it was the same conversation we were having with Charlie now, although different in so many ways. I blinked, something I didn't do often enough around humans and cleared my throat.

"W..well, will I be able to visit? And what about Renesmee? I'll need to see my girls at least once a month.

"Of course dad. We'll visit as often as we can." I said with a comforting smile. I would deal with the visits later- make up some kind of excuse. I would sent him photographs though, we had tons of Nessie and the rest of the family all stashed away in the cottage.

Renesmee ran into the room then and jumped into the small space between me and Edward. I grinned and patted Renesmee on the head.

"Bella, honey." Edward said as I turned to look at him.

"Yes?"

"We should probably get going now and leave Renesmee and her grampa to bond." Edward smiled whilst looking at my father.

"Okay then." I stood up and so did Edward and Charlie. My fathers scent blew towards me setting of a dull burn in the hollow of my throat. I was used to it though, being around humans did not make me uncomfortable, the way it did with Jasper sometimes. I sighed for my brother. Edward picked up Nessie and held her tight before kissing her on the tip of the nose. I leant in and kissed her on the cheek. "Bye sweetheart, see you soon."

Charlie and Renesmee waved us goodbye as we drove off.

_________________________________________________________

like i said guyss please please please vote and comment xxxxx