Chap 8 "New Job"

Zee's POV

I went with the FBI team to the police department and Morgan handed me a file. "Thank you," I smiled.

"Are you happy we're here?" Prentiss asked.

"Yes, but you guys aren't staying here," I sighed.

"Do you need to change?" JJ asked.

"Do you have something for me?" I asked. JJ nodded and handed me her go-bag. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, we're about the same size, so I'm sure," JJ replied. "Besides, you're family and I don't mind sharing clothes with you."

"Thank you," I nodded. "I'll be back." I used the employee restroom and changed into an outfit JJ had in her bag. I found a hanger and put my dress on it. I walked back to the conference room we were working in. I hung my dress on the clothes rack there. "Okay." I handed JJ's bag back to her. "Thank you. I feel more comfortable."

"Do you always wear that bracelet?" Reid asked.

"I do," I looked at Reid. "It reminds me that I have someone there to protect me all the time."

"Are you looking for a job or staying with SWAT, baby girl?" Morgan asked.

"I'm looking but if I can't find anything, SWAT will be my choice," I nodded. They looked at me. "Oh no. Please tell me Hondo didn't put you guys up to this."

"He did," Rossi sighed. "So, we found an assistant manager's job at a restaurant."

"Never worked with food," I sighed. They started throwing jobs at me and I was getting overwhelmed. "Stop!" They looked at me. "I thank you for worrying about well-being but SWAT is just like the team. I'm just more prone to being shot at." I crossed my arms. "If it really means that much to you, I will try that management job at the restaurant."

"Perfect," JJ smiled and looked at me. "That's the only job that said they'll hire you." I raised a brow and looked at her. "Go. It's your first day."

"I ever tell you that I hate you guys?" I asked.

"We love you too," Prentiss smiled.

"Come on, baby girl," Morgan smiled. "I'll drive you to your new job." We got into an SUV and the drive to the restaurant was quiet. He stopped in front of the store. "You good?"

"Not really," I nodded. "I wanted a job in law enforcement. It could be nice if someone had backed me up on it." I looked at Morgan. "But I know you guys are more afraid of my husband more than you guys are of me."

"Yeah, we didn't need him going after us," Morgan chuckled. "Have a good first day and I'll be here to pick you up at the end of the day."

"Alright, Morgan," I replied. I walked into the restaurant and right to the register. "Hello, I'm looking for the general manager."

"Are you Zendaya Harrelson?" she asked.

"Yes, I am," I nodded.

"Follow me," she replied. She took me to a back room where there were other employees. "Joe, this is her."

"Thank you, Evelin," Joe smiled. She left. "Zendaya, I'm Joe. Welcome to the team."

"Please, call me Zee," I smiled.

"Everyone, this is Zee," Joe stated. "She's joining our management team and I want you to show respect to her as you have for us. She will have the ability to fire you." I sighed. "Do you want to tell us more about yourself?"

"Okay. My name is Zee Harrelson. I'm 21," I sighed. "I have worked with LAPD SWAT and the FBI's BAU out in Quantico." I looked at everyone. "Uhm, I needed to find a new job because I want to start a family."