22 | the one in which there's the ex

Setting my foot down, this time firmly and without any tripping, brings a lot of nostalgic memories to my head

Setting my foot down, this time firmly and without any tripping, brings a lot of nostalgic memories to my head. This is indeed where it had all began. The day I had bumped into Saloni Neeves; quite literally. The day I came in contact with this woman who quite literally flipped my world. In a matter of day and weeks.

Saloni Neeves was but an ordinary girl at first to me. But somehow, after a various encounter, I was started to feel emotions. Emotions that I had promised to lock away in a stoned box. Hard to break in and difficult to melt away.

Yet, Saloni only needed to open her feisty mouth and her unblinking twinkling brown eyes to make it disperse into flower blooming in spring.

That's what Saloni Neeves had done to me. And if this is true, I had to see her again.

My head turns around from side to side taking in everything. Soaking in the scene before me. Different colours invade the surface of my eyes and reach my brain. Loud announcements of scheduled trains ring into my ears, along with the people's chatter. The sky looms darkly above me. And a breath of coolness heaves through my lips. I'm lost.

Hundreds of people dance their way across the crowd. Somehow even in the crowd, they manage to avoid bumping into each other. I see children running down the stairs of the platform to catch the train I just left. I see old people read the newspaper on the old steel seats. I see a cobbler polish someone's shoes as the person talks to him. In between all this, I stand rigid.

What now?

I had it planned out till here. But beyond this, I know nothing.

I look around helplessly. For some clue. For some push. But I find nothing. I can't see any familiar face. I can't see any signs of the woman who compelled me to come here and see her face. Without even uttering the words, mind you.

Think, Aahan. Think!

I rack my brain for some solution. Every problem has one. This should too. But I can't come up with anything. And so an hour passes by. I find myself idle, on a steel bench, watching the sixth train pass away from the station. Time clicks and yawns away, stopping for nobody. I sit dumbfounded.

I don't know what to do.

And just in the moment of giving up hope, my eyes look up from the ground to meet the surprised look of Sushmita's face. My ex-girlfriend.

"Aahan?"

***

There's one thing I learned while solving the problems of life. A problem never comes in a simple form. It's always more complicated than what it seems. You cannot work on it with one eye closed. Or with just one hand thrust forward. You need two hands. Two eyes. And in some cases, two brains to solve it.

"You're searching for a girl?" Sushmita cocks one eyebrow at me. I shift uncomfortably on the plastic chair of the McCafé. The cappuccino in front of me heaves heat in the winter air. I'm not a fan of cappaciuon. But Sushmita wouldn't know that. She never really got to know me. I never opened up to her comfort.