The Bar Approach

A/N: You know what's funny? I've been thinking all of these thoughts in my head about the characters on TharnType. To the point where I live on social media to see content and POV from other ppl. My thoughts started to overflow so much that it's pushed me to write it to get it out. What even is that? IDK.

In this story I thought it would be funny to make Type a boxer, in order for him to act out his compulsion to hit things on something other than Tharn's right cheek. SMH.

Please comment and tell me if I should write more.

***

Tharn

I had seen him before. He was the university's boxing club representative. Everyone knew who he was. Type Thiwat. An alpha male who only acted nicely with his friends and women that he was interested in. He had some run ins in the past with different people. I've even been warned to stay out of his way.

A friend of mine told me that they seen him fight three guys at the same time. They even said that he ran onto the football field and joined a scuffle against our team and another school. A pure dominate aggressor. They say that unless you are a pretty girl looking for a date, proceed with caution.

I've heard all these things. And I heeded their words. I'm not a fighter. I like peace and quiet. I stay to myself for the most part. Thara Kirigun. Always here to help. Drummer of a band. Straight A student. Non-problematic. I don't invite conflict.

But why does it always find me?

How did he find me?

***

"Your name is Tharn, right?" A voice asked me.

After my band finished our hour set at 11:00 PM I was walked over to the bar to get a shot. I didn't even pay attention to who else was at the bar. Just walked over to my regular stool and asked Jeed for a drink. It wasn't unusual for someone to approach me after I got off stage. Both men and women have tried to ask me out after they see me play. There's not much that I'm arrogant about, but when it comes to music, I knew I was talented. I knew it would attract some people to me.

The voice asking me to confirm my name was right next me. I barely looked over as I answered "Yes. That's my name." Then I got my drink from Jeed and started to sip. Not bothering to entertain the person next to me. "Your a music major at the university, right? You're a Junior ?" The voice continued. At this I looked over. I almost fell off my chair as my eyes registered who was sitting next to me.

The university's boxing club representative, Type Thiwat. He was leaning on his right arm, with his head on his hand. There was a half full glass of beer in front of him and a bowl of pretzels. He was wearing a black short sleeve collared shirt which wasn't buttoned all the way up, blue jeans, and canvas sneakers. His hair was long enough to touch his jaw line and his skin was naturally golden.

If it's one thing about me that I knew to be true, I knew a hot guy when I saw one.  And Type was blazing. He might have been the talk of university for his bad behavior and fighting skills, but everyone admitted that he was almost too sexy to be true. There was a lot of students at the university that tried to get at Type. Only a few were successful. All gorgeous women who never lasted passed a few weeks. He had a reputation. Everyone knew about Type.

What the hell was he doing at this bar, on this night, talking to me?

"Uh...yea. I'm in the school of musical arts. I just started my junior year." I answered after I caught myself.

"Yeah, I've seen you around." He answered, then stared at me for a moment. "You were great up there. How long have you been in band." He asked.

"Since high school. Different bands, same bar." I joked.

"I bet you'd sound great with any band" He replied.

Wait...what?

"Thanks." I nervously chuckled.

"I'm Type. I go to the same university as you. That's how I know your name. I'm a sophomore." He said. I nodded. Still a little confused. Why was he talking to me? I can tell you right now that there had to be over twenty beautiful girls in this bar and almost all of them was looking his way. They probably knew who he was.

"I don't think I've every seen you here before." I pushed out.

"I've been here a time or two. Always sat in the back away from the stage. I've seen you play a couple of times." He answered. "Can I ask you a question? I mean no offense by it, but may I?"

"Yes." I nodded.

"A friend of mine, told me rumor. He said that people have seen you with men. Is it true? Do you like men?" He asked.

I was taken back. What is with this guy? I'd never met him a day in my life and here he was making small talk and asking me about my preference. Was this his intention? He wanted to ask me about a rumor so that he can go back and do what? I don't get it. Our University was filled with sexually fluid students. There was no intrigue in finding random gay guys in bars and harassing them. But I wasn't scared. I had been out and proud for years. So I answered him.

"Yes, I enjoy men. Why do you care?"

"I've seen you around-"

"You've said that already." I interrupted.

"I've purposefully seen you around. The first time I saw you was at this bar. You were playing that night, with a different band, I think. Then I seen you again, at school. Then I heard a rumor. About you. Then I started to see you again, on purpose." He finished.

"Soooo...you're stalking me?" I asked a little take back.

"No! I've been getting the information I needed so that I could make a sound decision." He hurriedly answered.

"And what decision would require you to 'not stalk' me?" I replied.

"You said that you enjoyed men. Would you like to enjoy me?" He said while looking straight into my eyes. My mind went blank and the only thing that I could think to say was "I'm a top."

He smiled a half smile and replied back, "I know."